• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

If you win many more of these, I'll have to start calling it the Scrooge trophy in honor of you.

Might as well do it now and get a head start! :applause:

I'll make the next quiz a little more difficult.

Which will probably guarantee that only Scrooge will guess it. toetap.gif

lol I believe it's more of a sad reflection of the amount of time I am on the boards which is less glorious :boo:

It probably has a lot to do with your collecting, "A Month in the Life of the Comics."

Your interests are broader than most.

If you win many more of these, I'll have to start calling it the Scrooge trophy in honor of you.

lol I believe it's more of a sad reflection of the amount of time I am on the boards which is less glorious :boo:

Another big win, Scrooge! You had it solved before I even saw the question!

I agree with the Charlton look. I wonder why. Did Fawcett and Charlton share a letterer?

It probably has a lot to do with your collecting, "A Month in the Life of the Comics."

Your interests are broader than most.

Soon we'll have to call it "A Year Since a Month in the Life of the Comics." Any new installments in the works? Not 'til that big Supermouse 17 score in Chicago?

Jack

in disgrace

Soon we'll have to call it "A Year Since a Month in the Life of the Comics." Any new installments in the works? Not 'til that big Supermouse 17 score in Chicago?

:gossip: The Red Ryder entry has been researched and pages scanned since late May. It will probably go up next week ...

:gossip: The Red Ryder entry has been researched and pages scanned since late May. It will probably go up next week ...

You betchum!

Jack

Another big win, Scrooge! You had it solved before I even saw the question!

I agree with the Charlton look. I wonder why. Did Charlton have staff that paid "homage" to the artistic creations of other companies?

I fixed it for you

That's funny, I was thinking Charlton too, more for the logo than the art.

There's so many titles with "Adventure" in it, I thought that might throw people off on a wild goose chase. (shrug)

I'm with .5 here. The logo art style screams Charlton and that's where I started to look but quickly figured out that was the wild goose chase then remembered the Marvels starting going into space in the late 40's.

that atomic-powered villain coming out of the wreckage was reused many years later in the Bronze Age by DC when they restarted the Shazam series, so I knew it was Captain Marvel...although it would have taken a couple of minutes to go through the GCD to get the issue number.

By which point, some four or five of the GA experts around here would have undoubtedly already gotten the books ID down. i bow to your collective obscure GA comic kah-nolledge

Oops, I forgot to post the cover to yesterday's Pop Quiz question.

Congratulations go out to Scrooge who was the winner and has now won four of these quizzes, double that of his closest competitor.

clap.gif

winner.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

captainmarvel81ga.jpg

If you stage your contest in the evening then there might be more people able to participate, not that it would necessarily slow Scrooge who definitely has momentum.