• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The soldiers praying looks like Norman Rockwell. Note the caginess of the "...of the Golden Age period" clue ;)

But I'd be surprised if Rockwell did the cheesecake as well. (shrug)

I can't get any sense of the artist's comic book style from your samples. :sorry:

Do you have any pen and ink work you can post? :foryou:

Or, additional hints??

Like these? :whistle:

I can show you more pages like these. Of course, these aren't done exactly in the artist's "usual" style since these were for magazine instead of the bread and butter of the artist. I admit I am not putting up those pieces that would reveal the artist's identity in a split second, at the stroke of a brush you might say ...

54060-Unknown4.jpg.f8aafbbf79e27ad9a140e4bdc15b7141.jpg

54062-Unknown5.jpg.192d282d7e98951870e6f95bdd753ec7.jpg

These are some awesome Raymond examples speechless-smiley-040.gif

Glad you enjoyed them. Those and many more in this book -

51GDM8RB6ZL._SS500_.jpg

End of infomercial ... Really, it's a wonderful book and a great addition to anyone's library. I've finally been digging in it this weekend. It's gorgeously illustrated with clear, clean, crisp reproduction and the text is very informative. A delight.

I just saw that IDW will release a similar book about Scorchy Smith and Noel Sickles in June of this year. There goes more $$ out of my wallet :pullhair:

And here's a second Guess Who Quiz. This is a board "favorite". I'm leaving and won't be back until late so keep guessing -

I was going to say Caniff, but with the "favorite" clue it has got to be Frank Robbins. :applause:

Who I personally thought did a nice Caniff-ish twist on Batman and the Shadow in the early 1970s. But the boards will never forgive him for what he did to Englehart's Captain America. :(