• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info FlyingDonut. (thumbs u I had no clue.

BZ, I have scans of the first two stories. Here's the cover story "The Sisters" by Baker. That guy could draw.

truelovepictorial0310aia5.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0311aza0.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0312anu7.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0313awu9.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0314ais2.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0315alv4.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0316avx5.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0317azf1.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0318ajw3.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0319aqm3.th.jpg

Boy can Baker draw!! very col.

Should I try to scan the Sheena origin page from Jumbo 2? I think Kirby did a lot of work in those early issues too.

I'd love to see the Sheena page. :luhv:

Please post it!!

OK, I guess I could try it the lazy way. Page from the Sheena story in Jumbo 2.

bb

2338705881_32cd000928_b.jpg

2339492366_42deed1340_b.jpg

BZ,

I don't think that I will convert anyone into a Mighty Mouse fan but I like the old stories.

They are kind of silly in a Rocky and Bullwinkle sort of way. It is a little difficult to get the 384 page edition on the scanner but my copy is a little beat up and I can flatten it a little.

bb

Someone mentioned Mighty Mouse? :banana:

54717-MMShot.jpg.e9f308acc54a67045e10862198037d86.jpg

Here's the first story from True Love Pictorial 3. The art looks familiar. Anyone recognize the work?

The artwork looks very familiar to me, too.

Reminds me of the work in DC comics in the 50's. (shrug)

You know what I do when I don't know like in this case: I always say John Prentice.

Here's a Prentice page from the Who's Who. Compare the guy at bottom right to the main figure in the splash hm(shrug):pullhair:

54722-Prentice-RealClueCrimeStories.jpg.13d1ee471bb2f4d978365ef3e427cdf6.jpg

Wonderful, Mighty Mouse shot! (worship)

weirdtales192303.jpg

Never have I seen that before or certainly read before!!! Thanks for posting these for all of us on your Anniversary!!! (thumbs u

Thanks, BO.

I know there probably aren't many Weird Tales fans here, but I figured there might be a few people who'd get a kick out of seeing such a historic pulp.

Holy cow!!!....I've always been curious as to what a 1/1 issue looked like....late 1800's !!!...WoW!!!... :o

PS: Is that the original cover???...

Math isn't your strong point, is it? ;)

This is the first March 1923 issue. I read online that there is also a variant where the orange and black was reversed (which actually looks more correct than the "normal" issue).

I read online that there is also a variant where the orange and black was reversed (which actually looks more correct than the "normal" issue).

I've never seen a photo of that other edition.

Do you know if there one anywhere on the Internet?

Someone mentioned Mighty Mouse?

54717-MMShot.jpg

I love your Mighty Mouse collection.

Are you collecting the entire run or just particular issues?

mightymouse.jpg

I sold off most of my Marvel originals years ago but wisely saved my Terry Toons artwork. mehnotallthere.gif

...and here's an old photo showing a few other pieces.

OriginalArtGA.jpg

This is my favorite pic of all of BZ's treasures. A small nose Snoopy Peanuts just casually tossed in there. Nothing major. Yikes.

I read online that there is also a variant where the orange and black was reversed (which actually looks more correct than the "normal" issue).

I've never seen a photo of that other edition.

Do you know if there one anywhere on the Internet?

Yes, it is at http://www.yankeeclassic.com/miskatonic/library/stacks/periodicals/weirdta/wt1923/wt1923.htm

wt1923-03-b-300.jpg

weirdtales192303.jpg

Never have I seen that before or certainly read before!!! Thanks for posting these for all of us on your Anniversary!!! (thumbs u

Thanks, BO.

I know there probably aren't many Weird Tales fans here, but I figured there might be a few people who'd get a kick out of seeing such a historic pulp.

WOW :o

Nice copy!