• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I've never noticed this cover and I'm now ashamed I've never paid it more attention :applause: (thumbs u

doh! I should have used it for a Pop Quiz. lol

Should've! I would still be looking through a lot of Hillman western covers trying to ID this one!!

Here's another story from True Love Pictorial 3. (It is complete. Page 92 is an ad page.)

The story is all over the place, (fraternity pins? smoking? Someone must have not gotten the memo to change the setting.) but enjoyment of the narrative is not the reason I buy these books. It's all about the art.

Ric Estrada. Hate to say it, but I'm not too familiar with his work. It's pretty darn good.

truelovepictorial0390atj6.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0391adq8.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0393alr4.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0394apd1.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0395alg4.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0396aml9.th.jpg

truelovepictorial0397aft0.th.jpg

Name the artist, strip, and comic book where it appeared.

quiz20_1.jpg

It's Gustavson...but I vaulted my books yesterday so I can't research the story now :frustrated:

^^

Congrats, Steve.

That's one third of the answer.

Anyone else know the name of the strip and the comic book where it was published?

Homer Butts in Star Comics in 1939 (shrug)

^^

Nah. Steve's the winner ^^:applause: No way I would have IDed Gustavson from that page. Heck I had all but forgotten his work on Will Bragg which is his only humor strip I am familiar with. I think it ran in Candy Comics.

No way I would have IDed Gustavson from that page. Heck I had all but forgotten his work on Will Bragg which is his only humor strip I am familiar with. I think it ran in Candy Comics.

According to Jerry Bails' Who's Who, he did strips such as Cookie, The Kilroys, etc.