• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

2379046496_f741e296f7_o.jpg

I never noticed this tatoo on Phantom Lady before. What are those initials? I think I found the right tatoo but I wasn't sure where to put it.

bb-gun

lol

Well, THAT tattoo on her looks good. (thumbs u

:shy:

AMAN5detailpost.jpg

:o Do those robotic spiders appear throughout the entire story?

Oddly enough, no. Only those few panels, and then one or two at the end. I wish they did appear more. Robotic spiders that eat humans... great concept.

The story is really fun though ... there are robot crooks at the beginning of the story.

I posted some of the bedsheet issues a while back. But what the heck, here they are again

P1010001-1.jpg

Great collection, Bill.

I especially LOVE those early Amazing.

Thanks BZ (thumbs u

I never noticed this tatoo on Phantom Lady before. What are those initials? I think I found the right tatoo but I wasn't sure where to put it.

bb-gun

lol

Well, THAT tattoo on her looks good. (thumbs u

:shy:

BZ, correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that bee initial is actually a "BZ" (coincidentily enough!), which was Bela Zaboly's signature on the POPEYE strip, after Segar's death!

Can't seem to find any reference on the web to back this up ... can you verify this?

BZ, correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that bee initial is actually a "BZ" (coincidentily enough!), which was Bela Zaboly's signature on the POPEYE strip, after Segar's death!

Can't seem to find any reference on the web to back this up ... can you verify this?

You're right.

I found this image at Heritage.

BelaZabolyPopeye.jpg

You're right.

BelaZabolyPopeye.jpg

Thanks for confirming BZ!

What this means, however, I don't know. (shrug)

For some reason, I really like this panel ... pure Burgos:

AMAN5panelpost.jpg

I'll see your Burgos and raise you this Gustavson panel.

speedpanel.jpg

"If I were you, Speed..."

lol

:roflmao:

Awesome Gustavson story BZ!! I need a few hours to go through all the great material posted in this thread in the last 24 hours.

You're right.

BelaZabolyPopeye.jpg

Omigosh.

I thought Ryan was spouting a line of BS (not to be confused with BZ) with "Bela Zaboly" and the signature, and a minute later a signed piece of Bela Zaboly's Popeye artwork shows up! I've never read that name before. What an amazing thread this is!

Jack

You're right.

BelaZabolyPopeye.jpg

Omigosh.

I thought Ryan was spouting a line of BS (not to be confused with BZ) with "Bela Zaboly" and the signature, and a minute later a signed piece of Bela Zaboly's Popeye artwork shows up! I've never read that name before. What an amazing thread this is!

Jack

I don't know much, Jack, but I do know my early POPEYE pretty well! ;)

These threads are such an education ... I am glued to the boards, worried I might miss something mind-blowing!!