• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Western comics and stories were huge in the forties and fifties. Can anyone tell me what comic featured our Indian friend on the cover.

bb

2447212472_5ec4d2e076_o.jpg

Perhaps another clue would help.

bb

2447212518_a57d4a945e_o.jpg

hm Looks like Magazine Enterprises.

That is a special cover with a smiley face helmet, a Van Gogh tee-shirt, a woman in a metal bra

Her bra looks like surprised jack-o-lanterns.

argosy19340728.jpg

No. They're just happy.

Only that wonderful Scrooge, with his vast and most impressive collection of bygone goodies

Yup only me would buy the issue of One Man's Meat ... Sorry for seeing red but this was in front of me when I posted. I really should avoid demonic weird tales before going online :o:foryou:

57406-WeirdTales-March1942.jpg.fd36b3c9f828bf3825935b832858bbed.jpg

2447145658_6d5da2eec3_b.jpg

This was kind of nice to find on line. I cleaned it up a little.

bb

What a splash page!! What book is this from? (shrug)

That is from Marvel Mystery #9. I think this is a scan from a Heritage auction item.

bb

Western comics and stories were huge in the forties and fifties. Can anyone tell me what comic featured our Indian friend on the cover.

bb

2447212472_5ec4d2e076_o.jpg

Perhaps another clue would help.

bb

2447212518_a57d4a945e_o.jpg

hm Looks like Magazine Enterprises.

This hint may give you a better idea.

bb

2448900540_ea606912ec_o.jpg

...and here is a whatever by Stahr. You tell me what it is cause I am not sure.

bb

1682404426_1460d55ab4_b.jpg

That's easy. I've recently learned that they are called Tailess Whipscorpion -

PICT1101sm.jpg

Man, to what effort would that Theagenes go for his pulp collection!! lol

lol That's nothing! The Tailess Whipscorpions I encountered were sissies compared to the "Killer Trees."

AmazingSept27_02.jpg

And speaking of my adventures in the islands.... After two long weeks of digging holes in the side of a mountain with very little to show for it other than some hornet stings, I finally got home last night to find this waiting for me:

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

:applause: I read Red Nails for the first time about a month ago. Granted it was the illustrated version from Savage Sword of Conan but, hey, what can I say, it's easier for me to read when pictures are involved :D

:applause: I read Red Nails for the first time about a month ago. Granted it was the illustrated version from Savage Sword of Conan but, hey, what can I say, it's easier for me to read when pictures are involved :D

Many REH critics consider it one of the top two or three best written Conan stories. (thumbs u

I'm a big fan of the Roy Thomas/BWS adaptation from Savage Tales 2 & 3.

Many REH critics consider it one of the top two or three best written Conan stories. (thumbs u

I'm a big fan of the Roy Thomas/BWS adaptation from Savage Tales 2 & 3.

Don't forget the colorized version in a Conan Treasury. When I read all the Conan stories as a kid - both comics and prose - "Red Nails" stuck out as a quality yarn. On the subject of R.E. Howard - I remember reading a collection of short stories of his about a two-fisted sailor (at least I think it was a sailor) that was a lot of fun, but I can't recall the name - I wonder if any were adapted to comics?

This hint may give you a better idea.

2448900540_ea606912ec_o.jpg

Hawkman!? doh!

Alright, give me a sec to pull out the Photo-Journals...

Flash Comics #94. :acclaim:

You fooled me with those indian pics. :pullhair:

The Winner!!

BZ,

You got it with just a foot or two feet. :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

There was a little deception there but most of the DC titles had western themes for their superheroes. Kubert did some nice cowboy stories too.

bb

2448077315_2a52c31a62_b.jpg

2449172451_f7546c2ca7_b.jpg

And speaking of my adventures in the islands.... After two long weeks of digging holes in the side of a mountain with very little to show for it other than some hornet stings, I finally got home last night to find this waiting for me:

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

Congratulations on adding such a fantastic book to your collection. :applause:

I thought I was very familiar with all the Brundage covers but I don't remember that illustration. :P

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

The pulp?.. or what is depicted on the cover? hm