• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

Posted this in General, but I know many of you don't get over there much.

This was in a thread about first comic stores and first comic purchases. This was my first comic book, and I am glad I still have it.

Mom gave this to me in either late 1965 or early 1966. The published date on the cover is 1966, but not sure about what the timing was like when they actually hit the shelf. Very cook book. Mixture of Disney characters and original Japanese characters. I loved these when we lived over there. It is where my love of comics started.

myfirstcomicbook.jpg

myfirstcomicbookint.jpg

BZ,

Was that the Supersnipe origin from Shadow comics? Do you have the Hitler covers with Supersnipe?

The origin pages I posted are from Supersnipe #6.

Yep, I have both of the issues that featured Hitler on the cover. :acclaim:

Here's one of them. (thumbs u

supersnipe9.jpg

Supersnipe #9 (June 1943)

I have a color copy of the other Hitler cover on display in my office at home.

2848706566_5bc3306b9d_b.jpg

2843860746_97a0a9c585.jpg2843023929_228a19451d.jpg

Dell Comics gave kids a lot of entertainment for a dime. :applause:

Some more animated covers. I bought the Mickey Mouse in Houston during the late seventies at a Sci Fi and comic book show. I think I bought the FC300 from an ad in the CBG around 1982.

bb

2847876173_9560cf55ee_b.jpg

2847876063_b5e96a3936_b.jpg

The Mickey Mouse issue is missing half of the back cover but the animation works well.

Edited by BB-Gun

Posted this in General, but I know many of you don't get over there much.

This was in a thread about first comic stores and first comic purchases. This was my first comic book, and I am glad I still have it.

Mom gave this to me in either late 1965 or early 1966. The published date on the cover is 1966, but not sure about what the timing was like when they actually hit the shelf. Very cook book. Mixture of Disney characters and original Japanese characters. I loved these when we lived over there. It is where my love of comics started.

myfirstcomicbook.jpg

myfirstcomicbookint.jpg

That looks like a cool story but I can't read Japanese. What does it say?

I wanted to post this Dickie Dare cover on the shark thread but it seems to have faded to the back pages.

It only took me a couple of months to find it. It is a little scraped up but the interior art is pretty good.

How many layers of teeth does a shark have? Three or Four?

bb

2848706422_45b77952c4_b.jpg

Purchased from Bob Horn in the eighties at his King of Prussia Comic Show.

From Comicollector 4, 5 and 6. More stuff from collectors when More Fun costed $1 each.

2853975521_c7147bffa7_b.jpg

2853976103_4718f42bb4_b.jpg

2853976323_85015cfda8_b.jpg

2853975823_b87779c252_b.jpg

Scanning by Univ of Alabama and are from Jerry Bails' original copies if I remember correctly. My copies are a little more beat up than these.

bb

I liked those Don Winslow books and the Lone Ranger series. The paper quality is better than the Whitman books too.

bb

2301632853_4836f05180_b.jpg

2474684672_6d95f9e3df_b.jpg

I found this scan that I posted a while back. And I remembered that the Gremlins are getting some press lately which told me about a few things that suprised me. I didn't know that Roald Dahl wrote the Gremlins story. He was also a pilot during the war and was injured severly due to a crash landing. I enjoyed all of his books but I liked the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie more than the Depp version. I also liked Marcolini Belgium Chocolate more than the other brands, e.g., Neuhaus and Godiva.

bb