• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

oh oh...hit and run lol

Hey, I wasn't being hostile was I. There was a lot of speculation about what happened to BZ. I thought he might have gone to Mars to check on his collection stored in a cool, oxygen free atmosphere. It was a logical place for an ERB fan to go.

bb

I could live with that explaination lol

Speaking of Europeans and comics, is Asterix French originally?

Let's call it European.

Uderzo's family was Italian and Goscinny's was Polish-Ukranian and lived in Argentina for a few years before he went to the US where he met the EC gang. Then they worked together for Belgian publications until they created Asterix for a new French publication: Pilote.

weirdtales_1.jpg

weirdtales_2.jpg

weirdtales_3.jpg

Very glad to see you back, BZ! :applause:

And in style too, with some amazing pulps! (worship)

Thanks Jeff. :)

Not only did those six Weird Tales contain Howard's first published work in that title, I believe they were his first professional work in the pulps.

Hey,

Scrooge and I tried to entertain your fans while you were gone but the crowd wasn't happy. I thought they were muttering about a rail and tar. Hope you had fun on your vacation/interstellar trip/brain transplant.

bb

2946508201_46dc2219e4_o.gif

2947466014_0f29ab2e76_o.gif

2946639461_ebdbca5e6b_o.gif

2947595636_112cff1504_o.gif

2950733498_66e803b244_o.gif

2952327970_1297b99d8a_o.gif

2959684822_599478dcca_o.gif

2961698830_0391d039f0_o.gif

Great stuff you've been posting.

I love all the animated GIF's. :applause:

Speaking of Belgium, when I was at the flea market in Namur (capital of Wallonia) I saw these statues. Considering how crazy Belgians are about cartoons like TIn Tin I thought the statues may be cartoon characters. Does anyone know?

bb

2985110936_42bcda8b19_b.jpg

I don't recognize those characters but here's a few other cartoon statues from around the world...