• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

No Siegel and Shuster story in #9 according to GCD. Maybe DC's lawyers advised against it.

Good thinking... that is very easy to believe. hm Mid-1947 is just a year before S&S's ten-year contract with DC would be up, and their disputes over Superboy had probably picked up steam already.

Wouldn't it be funny if the letter was planted by Siegel or Shuster? I wonder why the editor chose to print it.

Jack

No Siegel and Shuster story in #9 according to GCD. Maybe DC's lawyers advised against it.

Good thinking... that is very easy to believe. hm Mid-1947 is just a year before S&S's ten-year contract with DC would be up, and their disputes over Superboy had probably picked up steam already.

Wouldn't it be funny if the letter was planted by Siegel or Shuster? I wonder why the editor chose to print it.

Jack

I'm curious if the -script was written and the art completed before the story was canceled.

BZ,

Did you have any original art for Little Nemo? I am amazed at the quality of the work and happy that it is being reprinted and scanned.

from GA.UK (photo from Michael Vance). I never found any newspapers with original cartoons by WM. Perhaps they were saved or passed on to other relatives. I found a lot of other pre-1940 newspaper comics which are now crumbling in my closet. The Flash Gordons seemed to have survived in good condition.

bb

3330926905_cfd288b4a2_o.jpg

3331762596_baa53606cb_b.jpg

3330927751_eed13d1e35_b.jpg

BZ,

Did you have any original art for Little Nemo? I am amazed at the quality of the work and happy that it is being reprinted and scanned.

I have hundreds of original Little Nemo Sunday pages but not any original artwork. They were always too expensive for me.

sundayfunnies.jpg

I found a lot of other pre-1940 newspaper comics which are now crumbling in my closet. The Flash Gordons seemed to have survived in good condition.

I'd love to see some of your Flash Gordon strips.

I love Raymond's work from that period but never owned many examples myself. :(

I was looking through an old comic and discovered this neat ad for Flash Comics #1.

flashad.jpg

There's another one in a More Fun (Basketball cover, issue 50 I think) that looks very similar. It is dated prior to Flash 1 (as I'm sure this one is) which makes it kind of cool.

Ed

BZ,

I have hundreds of original Little Nemo Sunday pages but not any original artwork. They were always too expensive for me.

sundayfunnies.jpg

Nice bound volumes BZ (thumbs u

I bid on some of the comic bound volumes in the last heritage auction but was outbid. I used to have quite a few, only two in the collection now. I think they are a cool way to have comics collected.

sundayfunnies.jpg

Nice bound volumes BZ (thumbs u

I bid on some of the comic bound volumes in the last heritage auction but was outbid. I used to have quite a few, only two in the collection now. I think they are a cool way to have comics collected.

Thanks, Bill. :)

It is pretty nifty having them bound. It makes it a lot easier to store and read the strips.

I'm always surprised at the large number of girls listed as contest winners in old comic books. Were girls just as likely as boys to be reading Danger Trail, or did a higher percentage enter contests, or what? hm

dangertrail3.jpg

prizewinners.jpg

I found a lot of other pre-1940 newspaper comics which are now crumbling in my closet. The Flash Gordons seemed to have survived in good condition.

The problem with presenting the newspaper strips is that my scanner is for 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper and the Sunday pages are 60 cm by 46 cm. I purchased two digital cameras for my daughter and she took them to South Carolina. My digital camera that I purchased for the computer was dumped when I upgraded last spring. Perhaps I will buy another and take photos of the Sunday papers. My favorites are the Raymond and Crane full pages but the Superman and Tarzan halves are pretty good too. I would like to obtain more King pages but haven't seen a lot of those. And as I said before, they are hard to take care of and store.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

While I am working on those Flash Gordon Sunday page scans, I thought I would post some scans from the comics.

I don't have any originals. Just old newspapers and a few beat up comics.I tried to reduce the size of the scans in photoshop.

If they are still too large, then ad a note and I will delete them.

3331446271_1eea555722_o.jpg

3332282662_fcea8c5062_o.jpg

3331448075_5d4d5aa5cf.jpg

3332283350_df8dee53b5.jpg

I was working on those Flash Gordon pages but I got a little distracted.

I heard that parents are outraged about the latest tattooed Barbie.

But then I looked a little closer at the tattoo and it seemed familiar.

3331617057_4a92baa9b5_o.jpg

:busy:

Edited by BB-Gun