• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. It really is one of the nicest copies I've seen, but I bet BZ's is just as nice. :)

I'm very happy with my copy but I think yours does appear to be a bit nicer.

Incidentally, Hannes Bok, the cover artist of Skull-Face and Others, had some of his very earliest professional illustrations appear in the Future Fiction pulps.

Future Fiction contained the artwork of lots of artists who are best remembered today for their work in comic books.

A quick check of the interior illustrations of the first four issues revealed the work of: Charles Biro, Mort Meskin, Jack Binder, Lin Streeter, Irv Novick, and Frank Paul.

I love the cover painting by JW Scott.

future194007.jpg

I like that cover as well as this one I own with the ever popular scantily clad girl in a glass tube theme from JW Scott. Binder and Paul provide interior illos and, in another comic book connection, it advertises Rang a Tang in Blue Ribbon comics.

Future_Fiction_11_39.jpg

I like that cover as well as this one I own with the ever popular scantily clad girl in a glass tube theme from JW Scott.

Future_Fiction_11_39.jpg

Very nice. :applause:

Did you notice that at the bottom of page 76 is the notice: "The original cover painting for this issue of Future Fiction will be given free to the person sending in the best letter commenting upon our magazine."

I like that cover as well as this one I own with the ever popular scantily clad girl in a glass tube theme from JW Scott.

Future_Fiction_11_39.jpg

Did you notice that at the bottom of page 76 is the notice: "The original cover painting for this issue of Future Fiction will be given free to the person sending in the best letter commenting upon our magazine."

It would be nice if that was still around.

Future_Fiction_11_39.jpg

It would be nice if that was still around.

In the next issue, 19 year old Isaac Asimov had a letter published in which he complained about the subject matter of the cover pictured above: "...it has a nude woman on the cover which is bad taste for a respectable SF magazine."

The editor's response was: "The lady in distress on the cover seems to be popular with pulp readers, but if we get too many complaints from the science fiction fans, the type of covers will be changed."

I had a dream last night that Bang Zoom sent me a box of comics. Really. My wife (in the dream) thought it was "cute."

When I told her this morning she just thought it was weird.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Edited by Moondog

I had a dream last night that Bang Zoom sent me a box of comics. Really. My wife (in the dream) thought it was "cute."

The first time I saw photos of BZ's collection I had a similar dream that night. It has happened more than once since :wishluck:

my dream was I was invited over for a weekend of geeking, and realized that a weekend was not even enough to scratch the surface, so I stayed a week and was offered to "take home" a few goodies :wishluck:

The first time I saw photos of BZ's collection I had a similar dream that night. It has happened more than once since :wishluck:

why would gary's wife be in your dream hm

:angel:

I had that dream a few times, but it has been a while. Since I only remember dreams once every few weeks, they were pretty significant :)

I think we need to see some more GA Timely's to kickstart my dreams again (thumbs u

likely for the same reason bridg is in so many of mine.

(worship)

(worship)

You guys crack me up.

touche' ;)