• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

That seller is Uthe! Avoid like the plague!

it's OK...I paid by paypal...I am guaranteed full reinbursement if I have a problem :gossip:

Hope you're right, Steve - good luck! :wishluck:

I'm hanging with you Golden Age big money dudes now.....$200 is like $2 now that I'm with the " high rollers"......(plus I didn't know :gossip:doh! )

Hey Bang......great book! check this out ( if it really comes that is...seller is from Germany :gossip: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220131038694&rd=1&rd=1

Steve

Congratulations, Steve.

I think that issue is an overlooked beauty. Every story in it has great artwork. (thumbs u

Especially noteworthy is a fantastic Jack Kirby Sci-Fi strip. gift.gif

Any congratulations are premature; the seller is Wilhelm Uthe, who has been defrauding collectors here in the U.S. for more than 2 decades (he got me way back when with counterfeit international money orders).

In addition to contacting a lawyer in Germany who is currently working a case against him, I pulled a string and provided some info to international law enforcement - hopefully something will eventually result and this SOB will get what's coming to him.

A few years ago, Uthe sold a raw book graded NM to a friend of mine for almost $10,000. It later came back from CGC as 5.5 SA. Uthe refused to take it back or otherwise negotiate a compromise.

I can only reiterate what other people have said: Uthe has one of the worst reputations in the industry.

Does anyone recognize these two lovebirds?

They made an appearance on what 1940's cover?

knife.jpg

Crime does not Pay # 40 :acclaim:

Congratulations, Mr. Scrooge.

clap.gif

You are our first repeat winner.

confetti.gif

I hope you have room in your trophy case for another of these prestigious awards.

winner.gif

For the benefit of those who have been betting on the outcome. The tally count is as follows:

Quiz # 1: Scrooge

Quiz # 2 : kimik

Quiz # 3 : mrwoogieman

Quiz # 4 : Billy Parker

Quiz # 5 : Theagenes

Quiz # 6 : Scrooge

Here's an often forgotten member of the Nedor Publications family.

realfunnies1ga.jpg

:takeit:

Sooner or later you will have pity on me and sell me something..... :foryou:

Note to self.

When I update my will, make certain this comic goes to ciorac.

(thumbs u