• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

topnotch19GA.jpg

I always liked that one. So when you tire of it, I would be happy to take it off your hands.

BTW I saw some interior work by that cover artist in a Startling Comics I was reading last night.

Scrooge got my interest by posting a page from Rainbow Boy so I started looking through some of my Heroic Comics.

Here's another unusual character, The Purple Zombie. His series ran in issues 1-12.

purplezombieGA.jpg

LOVE the Tarpe Mills stuff!! I have one Purple Zombie story, and its a pip! A hunchback, a purple zombie, and an army of living skeletons! Awesome stuff.

Thanks BZ!

topnotch19GA.jpg

I always liked that one. So when you tire of it, I would be happy to take it off your hands.

BTW I saw some interior work by that cover artist in a Startling Comics I was reading last night.

I think it's Al Camy who did most of those covers. Great artist.

topnotch19GA.jpg

I think it's Al Camy who did most of those covers. Great artist.

Here is the story by the aforementioned Camy from Black Terror #3:

crimecrushers1.jpg

crimecrushers2.jpg

crimecrushers3.jpg

Edited by ciorac

Ciorac, thanks for posting the photos. :applause:

I always enjoy seeing the stories inside the covers.

According to Jerry Bails' Who's Who, Al Camy was the co-creator of Airboy.

Here's a link to more biographical info about him.

Al Camy

He worked all over the industry. Quite a busy guy. I've seen a good bit of his art in the Nedors I have.

Rainbow Boy ranks up there in my list of most unusual superheroes.

He was introduced in Heroic # 14 and the series continued to issue 20. He also made several guest appearances in the Hydroman strip and vice versa.

hydroman.jpg

HELIUM THIEVES in Hydroman? Woo!

Which issue is this story from? I hope it's #19, because then I just have to dig it out.

It could also be 14, 15, 17, 25 -- others?

(You can always spot the helium thieves because they sound like "Stick 'em up!")

Thanks,

Jack

Rainbow Boy ranks up there in my list of unusual superheroes.

He was introduced in Heroic # 14 and had his own series which ran from 1942-44. He also made several guest appearances in the Hydroman strip and vice versa.

hydroman.jpg

Which issue is this story from? I hope it's #19, because then I just have to dig it out.

(You can always spot the helium thieves because they sound like "Stick 'em up!")

Thanks,

Jack

It's in 15. (thumbs u

Thanks,

Jack

It's in 15. (thumbs u

Thanks and RATS!

Looks like the story is continued from 14 (true?), and those two are (I think) a bit harder to get. Onto the long-term want list they go.

Jack

(That #15 in the subject line was a clue, right?)

It's in 15. (thumbs u

Thanks and RATS!

Looks like the story is continued from 14 (true?), and those two are (I think) a bit harder to get. Onto the long-term want list they go.

Jack

Absolutely.

I don't have issue 14 so I don't know if it's a continued story.

Here's another feature in # 15.

manometal.jpg

Come to think of it, the Hydro-Man story may actually be continued from the Rainbow Boy story earlier in #15, not from #14. I remember reading about the unusual, early double-crossover.

Man O'Metal is in #19 too, the only other pages I've ever seen.

Very stylish look to the strip and quite a prototype -- Molten Man (from Spider-Man), Ferro Lad (Legion of SH), Colossus (X-Men), etc., but Doc Savage beat him to the punch, right?

Thanks,

Jack

It's in 15. (thumbs u

Thanks and RATS!

Jack

Absolutely.

I don't have issue 14 so I don't know if it's a continued story.

Here's another feature in # 15.

manometal.jpg

Man O'Metal is in #19 too, the only other pages I've ever seen.

Very stylish look to the strip and quite a prototype -- Molten Man (from Spider-Man), Ferro Lad (Legion of SH), Colossus (X-Men), etc., but Doc Savage beat him to the punch, right?

This is the story you remember. This page is the most striking in its resemblance to the classic Wonder Woman look -

42948-ManOMetal-Heroic19.jpg.30507cddef0b50fe5cf591fb69a572fa.jpg