• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

According to JC this (see below) is the typical reaction of a bread-stick armed Comic Book Collector to any female lol The more I see Rudy Palais's work, the more I appreciate it. Unfortunately, he never worked (?) on a well known mainstream feature and his work is flying under the radar. Thanks for posting these examples.

56683-BreadStickComicBookFan.jpg.633cfee7d283e3baad84f73dae337a01.jpg

2410789833_7e5657febd_b.jpg

This illustration makes me realize that we typically see robots on comic covers, running around without any active control by human participants.

It's nice to finally see a robot being supervised by a responsible adult. lol

rapid-fire.jpg

V1 #1

(worship) How much more white can this be? Love the Public Enemy (another great copy) and ... let's admit it: all the others, included esp. the 20-center Speakeasy which must have been a tough sell on the newsstands. Oh, and the Crack Detective # 1 :cloud9:

Really great early crime pulps, BZ!! I love seeing oddities like that. Were any of those one-shots that you know of?

(I LOVE those early Saunders covers!! (worship) That man could draw and paint like no one's business!!)

Here's some more info about the pulps I posted.

6 issues of Public Enemy were published from December 1935 - June 1936. The title was changed to Federal Agent with the August 1936 issue.

8 issues of Federal Agent issues were published from August 1936 - November 1937.

The publisher was Dell.

publicenemy.jpg

V1#1

A total of 8 Rapid-Fire Detective Stories were published from October 1932 – May 1933.

The publisher was Rapid-Fire Publications (William Clayton).

Companion magazines were Rapid-Fire Action Stories and Rapid-Fire Western Stories.

rapid-fire.jpg

V1 #1

Star Detective Magazine was published May1935 – November 1938 when the name changed to Uncanny Tales (April/May 1939 – May 1940).

Publishers

May 1935 – November 1938: Western Fiction (Martin Goodman)

April/May 1939 – May 1940: Manvis Publications

stardetective.jpg