• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Hey Bang,

can you post some more photos of your cool posters sometime?

(I really love your Supey 3-sheet)

Crowzilla, I don't know how much interest there is on these boards for movie posters, but for those who care - here's a photo of one the posters in my collection.

Freaks 3-sheet (41x81")

freaks3sh.jpg

BZ,

Thanks for finally posting the theme poster for the CGC boards!

I think the guy who made fun of your couch is pictured at bottom right.

Hopefully he will be wearing that get-up to ChicagoCon when he helps work

my table. Booyaa!

40%off?...are you kidding me, these books are 85% off!

rick

Is that the original Rosebud in the upper right hand corner? It wouldn't surprise me. grin.gif When you get to posting some pulps, how about some Weird Tales from 1923 especially the June- September issues? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifwink.gif Thanks!!! thumbsup2.gif

Excellent choices. thumbsup2.gif

Is that the original Rosebud in the upper right hand corner?

sign-funnypost.gif

There is no original sled, all three were burned during the production, a replica, made after filming and for promotional purposes, was purchased by Speilberg.

Tonight's scans are the last of the comics chosen from older requests.

Weird Comics # 1 (Fox - April 1940) Features: The Birdman; Thor, God of Thunder; The Sorceress of Zoom; Blast Bennett; Typhon; Voodoo Man; and Dr Mortal.

Western Picture Stories # 2 (Comics Magazine Company - March 1937) 1st Western Comic

Yellow Jacket # 7 (The Frank Publishing Company - Jan 1946)

Young Allies # 17 (Timely - Fall 1945)

I'll be starting a new group next time around.

YoungAllies17GA-1.jpg

I've always been curious why the kids are driving a truck full of cigarettes and the Young Allies are protecting them. I guess the thugs didn't want the kids selling smokes to other kids on rival school turf!?!

Ok Bangzoom - so pleez tell me now that you also have all the early Weird Tales & Arkham House HP Lovecraft, CA Smith & RE Howard titles, mint in DJ and you will be my hero... as if you aren't already... wait you collect Burroughs... so tell me you have Tarzan of the Apes first ed.??? in DJ ??? or the Argosy All-Story's??? The breadth of your stuff is awesome already, and since you collect the sci-fi genre, I bet you have some of this material also (well, maybe Tarzan 1st in DJ is a stretch, think there's only 7 known copies!!!) hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Ok Bangzoom - so pleez tell me now that you also have all the early Weird Tales & Arkham House HP Lovecraft, CA Smith & RE Howard titles, mint in DJ and you will be my hero... as if you aren't already... wait you collect Burroughs... so tell me you have Tarzan of the Apes first ed.??? in DJ ??? or the Argosy All-Story's??? The breadth of your stuff is awesome already, and since you collect the sci-fi genre, I bet you have some of this material also (well, maybe Tarzan 1st in DJ is a stretch, think there's only 7 known copies!!!) hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Hmmm...

Let's see

Burroughs? Burroughs??

Tarzan? Tarzan???

Nope don't see anything like that in this stack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

AllStoryFeb1912GA.jpg