• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

[Nighthawk from Western comics (at times drawn by Ruben Moreira) made a return to comics last month in the pages of the new 52 All-Star Western book featuring Jonah Hex on his arrival in New Orleans.

I didn't even know All Star Western had started being published again. (shrug)

Another of Moreira's regular strips was Impossible - But True which ran in Detective Comics.

Anyone else remember it?

RubenMoreira.jpg

:gossip: Don't tell people until I get a copy :sumo:

:applause: for the post. I always hesitate going for a Tomahawk run as I am afraid they will put together a Tomahawk Showcase ... but I fear I am delusional on that lol

tomahawk9.jpg

The drawing of the fist is superb!

Frazetta illustrated this great looking Tomahawk story early in his career.

I wish he'd done a few more.

tomahawk1.jpg

That's a story I've always admired. I think Frank was pleased as he used this scene as the basis for a painting.

frank_frazetta_therider.jpg

Frazetta illustrated this great looking Tomahawk story early in his career.

I wish he'd done a few more.

tomahawk1.jpg

That's a story I've always admired. I think Frank was pleased as he used this scene as the basis for a painting.

frank_frazetta_therider.jpg

The mood he captured is brilliant...in both, although I think the drawing is a bit more fluid and foreboding. The painting is brilliant for different reasons.

[Nighthawk from Western comics (at times drawn by Ruben Moreira) made a return to comics last month in the pages of the new 52 All-Star Western book featuring Jonah Hex on his arrival in New Orleans.

I didn't even know All Star Western had started being published again. (shrug)

Another of Moreira's regular strips was Impossible - But True which ran in Detective Comics.

Anyone else remember it?

RubenMoreira.jpg

I dont remember it personally, but this eventually became Roy Raymond - TV Detective. Wonderful art by Ruben Moreira. I can only hope that someday DC will reprint that great back-up feature into a DC Archive edition -- or that BZ will show the full stories here!

thanks.

Bill

For those that didn't see this on the Comic Strip list, here's the audio of a 1963 interview with Jimmy Swinnerton. Images of Swinnerton's work have been added as a background to the talk -

I'm about halfway through listening. I was distracted but it's not quite riveting but worth listening to.

Although I am a big Julie Newmar fan,

I saw this picture of Lisa Gaye and thought she might have been a great choice to play Catwoman.

6928407980_f799243896_z.jpg

I saw her on a late night re-run of Sea Hunt and wondered who she was.

Her sister is Debra Paget, from Prince Valiant and others.

She also co-starred in "Rock Around the Clock" and other teenage hits from the old days.