• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does this detract from the grade?

13 posts in this topic

Looks to be pretty severe trauma for an otherwise nice book . . . My guess is that it could grade no higher than a 3.0 . . .

gossip.gif I am sure you are going to get a lot of other (lower) opinions grin.gif

Looks to be pretty severe trauma for an otherwise nice book . . . My guess is that it could grade no higher than a 3.0 . . .

gossip.gif I am sure you are going to get a lot of other (lower) opinions grin.gif

That's about what I was thinking too. 2.0 to 3.0, depending on how the rest of the book looks.

That's about what I was thinking too. 2.0 to 3.0, depending on how the rest of the book looks.

BTW, Congrats on the Spidey! 893applaud-thumb.gif Awesome!

I agree. That's a great looking 2.5 to 3. I need to find an ASM 1 like that.

Thank you sir! Now I am keeping fingers crossed that the ASM#122 that is at CGC does as well as the #86 did! 27_laughing.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

meh, gotta be work at least the 5 bucks I paid right? even if it is GD. :P thanks for the responses.

If you paid only $5, you did great. I think every Ditko ASM issue is worth at least $20 (and usually more) regardless of condition, as long as it is complete and readable.

Bought a small group of spideys from a friend who no longer collects, that one was old, so he charged me an extra 5 bucks for my stack hehe.

Yikes had to change that from work to worth. How one learns engrish in Oregon is beyond me...

Bought a small group of spideys from a friend who no longer collects, that one was old, so he charged me an extra 5 bucks for my stack hehe.

Yikes had to change that from work to worth. How one learns engrish in Oregon is beyond me...

. . . and everybody knows Milwaukee is in Wisconsin sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

. . . and everybody knows Milwaukee is in Wisconsin sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

Ya caught me! gossip.gif

Not suggesting this be done, but if this book was submitted to CGC, is there a chance it would come back in a green label? What's the lowest grade you've ever seen for a green label?

I'd say the ASM in question is a 3.0, maybe even a 3.5 ... I recently got a Plastic Man #7 (GA) in CGC 4.5 that has a detached c-fold... the book looks like about a 6.0 to me, if the c-fold were attached. Maybe even a 6.5. I know a lot of people may prefer a detached c-fold to a 'tape pull' like the one on this ASM, but to me they're roughly equal. I don't think that tape pull merits a full 3.5- to 4-grade drop..? It's pretty unsightly, I grant you...but technically, I'd deduct 2.5 to 3 grades...?

(This is all assuming it's otherwise a 6.0)

confused-smiley-013.gif