• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Auctions?

27 posts in this topic

I started this post simply to get information - because the Vault Website had expired (along with no communication for 4 months or so). His website now says he is moving and I am confident this is the case. He should have sent an "auction notice" email round to his client base - including consignors with unsold items still in his possession - it was a shock for me to see his website gone. Other than that, I will defend John to the hilt based on 12 years of dealing with him. He has always been very honest and cordial with me.

No, I'm not making it up - posted originally as saw glasgap was in the same boat and to get info.not to criticise or any other agenda.

That's it

Here’s the copy of a PM I sent to ‘Beryl’ last night.

Your concerns are valid, justified and understandable...and you apparently very much have a vested interest, so public commentary is not inappropriate. Certain other parties have no 'money on the table', so to speak, have been fully updated about how the land lies, and have known John Pires for 15 years and have been considered 'friends'...their commentary is perhaps not so appropriate.

If you are comfortable with revealing who you are in a PM to me, and what you need, I'll get word to John and will help you to resolve this situation. thumbsup2.gif

Nick

‘Beryl’ has posted to this thread since receiving it, but as of yet, has not responded to my PM, even though the ‘situation’ is apparently so dire that he/she has to air his/her dirty laundry in public.

From this, I am forced to conclude that either…

(a) ‘Beryl’ is a shill for someone with a grudge

(b) ‘Beryl’ simply likes the limelight and actually has no personal problem with Vault

If there is a third reason, I am more than happy to listen. confused-smiley-013.gif

A curious fact…colmoreman has posted precisely three times in the last twelve months. Two of those posts have immediately followed or preceded two of ‘Beryl’s’ three posts to the boards.

Although I am one of those ‘in the know’, it is not appropriate to divulge serious and personal information to people who have simply bought or sold funny books through Vault…that does not entitle anyone to ‘full disclosure’. John Pires’ personal situation is acute and he has dropped the ball, no doubt about it. He has made poor decisions of late, or avoided making decisions entirely, but at no time has he consciously attempted to act in a dishonest fashion.

For anyone who has a material interest in Vault’s current situation…either they are waiting for books won or consignment books to be returned, or they are one of the two people still owed money…please can you PM me with details and I will ensure that everything possible is done to resolve your issues next week.

Nick, you've gone beyond the call of duty.

And also shown what people should be doing other than kicking someone when they're down, is trying to to lend them a simple hand to help pull things together.

Your a true gentleman, and a friend. Neither of which, evaporate at the first hurdle!

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

As an addendum, Beryl has now made contact and she is genuine. I will do what I can to assist her and hope that we can concentrate on taking care of peoples' genuine, material problems with this situation. thumbsup2.gif

If I have come across as defensive/aggressive, it's simply because John Pires is IMHO one of the few remaining 'good guys' in this business and his personal circumstances are, at this time, extremely poor. I'll do what I can to help anyone with a problem, but I will not put up with any 893censored-thumb.gif-flinging.

I am in touch with Nick and appreciate his time and trouble.

If I gave the impression in any way through my post that I thought for one minute that J.Pires was dishonest or untrustworthy in any way, I regret it and apologise unreservedly.

In my dealings with him he has always been friendly, helpful and professional.

I was frustrated at not being able to contact Vault, I was not trying to imply anything else and I am sorry to hear he is not having the best of times.