• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Auctions?

27 posts in this topic

Anyone know what is happening at Vault Auctions. I have sent some emails over the past couple of months (with no reply) and have just tried to access www.vaultauctions.com to be informed that it has expired (I was directed to another page).

I share your frustration glasgap. frustrated.gif

6 months ago I inquired about an unsold Strange Tales from their summer auction, and after 2-3 weeks received an e-mail saying that if I was interested they could sell me the book. I immediately answered "yes", but never got an answer (even after sending close to 10 other e-mails since then Christo_pull_hair.gif)

Hope they were not all hit by a bus ! ... and that they will bounce back stronger than before... and sell me this damn ST !!!

shy.gif Glasgap, sell me your 103... sell me your 103... devil.gif

They had some great auctions a few years ago but it's been slim pickings for the last year or so. Anyone in the UK have the scoop?

thumbsup2.gif

..What is the big frickin secret?,..were they rapists, pedophiles or just trimming books?...those are usually the top three reasons for hush-hush disappearances here,... confused-smiley-013.gif

I will try again to make contact and find out what is happening. They actually have some of my unsold consignments from previous auctions. Hopefully, he is just take a pause - Vault Auctions have always been a good source of comics for me.

If I get any news, I will post.

Anyone know what is happening at Vault Auctions. I have sent some emails over the past couple of months (with no reply) and have just tried to access www.vaultauctions.com to be informed that it has expired (I was directed to another page).

Site's back up. thumbsup2.gif

For those concerned, all will be put right. thumbsup2.gif

Hi

Glad to see it's not just me having problems.

Have been trying to contact them for weeks via email/telephone.

I too have unsold lots am trying to retrieve, plus payment for sold items.

Have got some good prices in the past, so can't complain about that and bought some good stuff, but have to admit I am concerned about no response to my emails over a long period of time.

If anyone does have info. would appreciate it if you could share it.

Public information available:

1. Vault Auctions are currently 6 months late in filing their accounts with the UK Companies Registry.

2. The last accounts filed are up to November 30th 2004. These show Vault as being technically insolvent.

Common knowledge information

3. Vault are failing to answer communications from their oldest, largest and friendliest consignors and customers and have been doing so for several months now.

Options:

A: Threaten to sue and failing a response, sue as quickly as possible; or

B: Write off what you are owed.

Comments:

Very sad - the owner was a great guy but who has sadly developed a serious case of the ostrich syndrome. IMHO, the loss of confidence that this has created will lead to only one result.

Public information available:

1. Vault Auctions are currently 6 months late in filing their accounts with the UK Companies Registry.

2. The last accounts filed are up to November 30th 2004. These show Vault as being technically insolvent.

Common knowledge information

3. Vault are failing to answer communications from their oldest, largest and friendliest consignors and customers and have been doing so for several months now.

Options:

A: Threaten to sue and failing a response, sue as quickly as possible; or

B: Write off what you are owed.

Comments:

Very sad - the owner was a great guy but who has sadly developed a serious case of the ostrich syndrome. IMHO, the loss of confidence that this has created will lead to only one result.

That's terrible. I was thinking about checking out their next auction because the prices seem to go at below market. Hope everyone gets their books. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Mark, we don't know each other, but I feel I have to say your post was way out of line!

Yes Vault has had some issues of late, and yes some are still outstanding, but you going through and digging out information in some ever so altruistic fashion for the 'public good', is simply out of line!

You are more than intimately aware of what you posted, and direct interpretaion that will be attached to it.

And you being a lawyer, I simply would of taken you as being a hell of lot smarter than that, and plainly of better character. I was wrong.

Yes John has been remisful in his current situation. But are you in full posession of all the facts? I would seriously guess not.

Has John personally wronged you? Has John been less than cordial to you, whats your beef?? Heaven forbid it's some callous motive to do with your own uk website.

Yes John has been remisful in his current situation. But are you in full posession of all the facts? I would seriously guess not.

Yes, he is in full possession of the facts, as he spoke with a good friend at length last week, who appraised him of the current situation with John P and Vault...and then posted this. yeahok.gif

You do have to wonder about agendas... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, he is in full possession of the facts, as he spoke with John S at length last week, who appraised him of the current situation with John P and Vault...and then posted this. yeahok.gif

You do have to wonder about agendas... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thats the thing, I don't believe anyone is truly served by that kind of post, and you have to ask yourself why then.

I am sorry that there have been some mistaken assumptions here. However, I don't think it appropriate to say anything further so I will stand damned simply for what I have already said and for not commenting further.

Hi again

I don't know anyone on this board or about other websites/agendas etc and you can probably tell that by the fact I joined only recently and have posted on this topic only.

I posted on here, because I came across this board and am concerned about the fact I could not contact J.Pires/ Vault after trying to do so for months and I do mean months.

Some people are 'in the know' apparently and that's great for you.

For people like myself, we are not so lucky, I'm grateful for information, it's important to me to get my money from sold consignments in October and to get my unsold lots back.

I didn't have any problems before, I have consigned items regularly for over two years and I hope nothing untoward has happened to J.Pires.

I think though it would not have been unreasonable to reply to emails to give some reassurance to regulars like myself.

Incidentially, I already knew about the information posted about accounts as I had already been to the Company's House register.

Hi again

I don't know anyone on this board or about other websites/agendas etc and you can probably tell that by the fact I joined only recently and have posted on this topic only.

I posted on here, because I came across this board and am concerned about the fact I could not contact J.Pires/ Vault after trying to do so for months and I do mean months.

Some people are 'in the know' apparently and that's great for you.

For people like myself, we are not so lucky, I'm grateful for information, it's important to me to get my money from sold consignments in October and to get my unsold lots back.

I didn't have any problems before, I have consigned items regularly for over two years and I hope nothing untoward has happened to J.Pires.

I think though it would not have been unreasonable to reply to emails to give some reassurance to regulars like myself.

Incidentially, I already knew about the information posted about accounts as I had already been to the Company's House register.

I'd say those that know the guy should pass this info to Pires and encourage him to pay Beryl off. Six months is way too long for someone to both not pay and still hold someone's merchandise...

Of course that's considering Beryl is on the level and not making this up...

Jim