• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS- Frank Miller-Joe Quesada-Colleen Doran-Dave Gibbons-Matt Wagner documentary

1 post in this topic

All right kids...

You've probably seen me pitch this film here in the past.

I'm thinking maybe there's a renewed interest in Miller and the gang since 300 just went gangbusters.

And BTW...has anyone seen the online Time article about how p.o'd Iran is over 300? They honestly believe that it was funded by the American Government to ramp up the US for a war against Iran.

Please.

ANYway....

The quick pitch...a few years ago I did a couple documentary films on the comic book industry.

MAINSTREAM RAW focused on Miller, Wagner, Quesada, Dave Gibbons, Colleen Doran, Bob Schreck.

Some of the highlights in the film include a one on one bar room interview with Miller and then again later in the film, his infamous key note address at the Harvey Awards 2001, pre-Sin City and 300.

GREAT, great stuff.

Also a great piece with Matt Wagner which we also conducted over cocktails in a bar, discussing everything from the art of the craft to personal stalkers.

I'll get to the point.

The film rocks, regardless of who your favorite creator is.

And I'm not saying that because I made the film, I'm saying it because this is real uncensored, hard core brutal honesty from some of the finest minds in the business.

George Pantella over at GPAnalysis.com endorses the film, and makes mention of it every month in his newsletter (thanks George!)

The companion film, "Scenes from the Small Press: Colleen Doran" is even better.

So I thought I'd mention this one more time to all on the boards in case you weren't aware of these dvds.

I've provided a link below for more info on these dvds...and if I can get my server running, I'll put a couple clips online.

I don't have a terrible lot left of the MAINSTREAM RAW per sey...and these retailed for $29.95 when they came out.

Each disc, $15 shipped or $25 for the pair.

OR...if you want to save more dough and forget about the fancy packaging and screen printed dvds themselves...and just want the film...I'll burn you a copy sans the packaging for $10 shipped.

Link below...check 'em out! PM me for more details.

MAINSTREAM RAW linky poo

Colleen Doran dvd linky poo

mainraw_g1.jpg

colleen_web.jpg