• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would do this??

22 posts in this topic

Crazy little 9 year old boys like I was! blush.gif

I taped up my childhood copy of FF 48 real good cause there was one small tear on the spine. insane.gif

I never thought I was ever gonna sell or trade them... 27_laughing.gif

I only paid $5 for it.

Back in the early 70s FF 48 was $3 Good $5 Fine $10 NM

They only had 3 grades back then... makepoint.gif

They only had 3 grades back then... makepoint.gif

some sellers still living in the past are using that same 3 grade system to this day up on ebay frown.gif

27_laughing.gif I know...

I love those listings:

F/NM

Don't they know that's about 10-20X difference in price? 893frustrated.gif

Pov's attitude brings a ray of sunshine... "Hey, the glass isn't 90% empty - it's nearly 11% full!"

If you track down D.E. Williams, presumably the orignal owner, maybe you could have him sign it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

People do the craziest thing! When i was in highschool (1990) there was this kid in my class who i was talking comics to and it came up he had a spidey #1, he wanted $25 but its beat up. I thought he was full of [!@#%^&^], but i said sure bring it in. So he does. and there was no lie, 1/4" thick of frosted tape going up & down the spine. I could tell it was new, so i asked when the tape was put on. He said he put it on the night before to help it look better!!!!!!!!!! 893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif I gave up trying to get the tape off, it was as thick as a pencil at the spine!!!!!! i also saw a spidey #1 that had a name written on the cover over 30 different times!!!! This book has weird karma!

Ouch!! Maybe we should contact the kid in question and see what he says! I bet someone could find him . . .

DAM

With a full name like that kid wrote on his comics.......Lighthouse could track that kid down easily. 27_laughing.gif

When I sell books like this, I always describe them as having "extra art"... That way it's a bonus!

As for me tracking him down... type his full name in quotes into google... It's definitely worth a laugh... Only 24 months to go! smile.gif

'House