• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Help

13 posts in this topic

I came across Issue 18 of All Star Comics. Below is a link to scans of the book and its major defects. The person who owns the book claims it to be in "fine" condition. I would consider it to be VG- at best. Do you think I am accurate or am I being too harsh? Let me know what you think.

All Star #18

........once a book has a significant tear then the BEST it can do is fine...... if there are no other defects........this book diplays numerous tears and i would say it is a GD/VG maybe VG- on a good day.............

Precisely C.I., one of the many color touched black areas, as the residual break line around the piece has been re-colored. There are many areas inboard of the spine, MOST noticeable at the very top, that although are not breaks that are resultant of piece re-attatchment, have had a duller black ink filled within the crevice of the many creases.

It can't be more than G because I had a golden age VG- that looks NM next to that. Pass it by and wait for better. Unless it's just for reading. Then insist on a fair G price and read happily.

-- Joanna