• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - History on the Message Board?

72 posts in this topic

Ok, I figure it might be fun/cool to see what the board was like years ago when it started.

I have heard of some things about it, but i'd like to know more. tongue.gif

What the board didn't have compared to what we have now.

How was everyone back then compared to now tongue.gif

Etc etc.

popcorn.gif

I'd also love to hear from the Admins, as to when they decided to put the board up, and such

I was fine then. But I'm better now.

I remember lots more flame wars years ago. The boards today are extremely civilized compared to 2003-2004. I think Arch's crackdown on shills and quicker to suspend/ban trigger finger has contributed to the increase in civility.

Complete tool, shill after shill, usually about pressing IIRC. you've been registered here just about as long as I have so you couldn't possibly have troubling remembering hammer eh? For a total jerk, he actually knew what he was talking about, which tends to anger me more 27_laughing.gif

a lot less ravencomics and krazykat's and that dude with the dancing mouse avatar, can't remember his ID but he was a *spoon* too, bugaboo or something?

There's a user right now using an animated dancing mouse in his signature. Same guy maybe?

Ok, I figure it might be fun/cool to see what the board was like years ago when it started.

Etc etc.

popcorn.gif

You used to be able to post anonomously, which was a problem. frown.gif

I'm about 2 months out from my 5-year anniversary here, but for some reason the earliest posts (pre-9/02) are missing? However, there are still some funny examples from the early days:

Here's a thread about cleaning/pressing/restoration that's nearly 5 years old.

Here's a crash thread from '02, complete with flame wars and multiple bumps years later from some of the victims/participants.

a lot less ravencomics and krazykat's and that dude with the dancing mouse avatar, can't remember his ID but he was a *spoon* too, bugaboo or something?

There's a user right now using an animated dancing mouse in his signature. Same guy maybe?

I belive that is FUELMAN.

If he is indeed a shill, then OMFG! 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

According to some it was the dawn of a glorious age of enlightenment. And nothing else will ever live up to those grand old days. screwy.gif

Back then JC posted more. confused-smiley-013.gif

Etc etc.

Bag then those "fabulous flame wars" you've heard about were a lot of 893blahblah.gif and people used to say brilliant things like "baggin" as in "he's so dumb 27_laughing.gif he doesn't realize I'm baggin on him".

Real hot stuff. sleeping.gif

Even greggy told me long ago not to bother reading any of the real old stuff. thumbsup2.gif

I think it's better these days.

Nah, Fuelie is not a shill. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No disrespect intended towards him. I couldn't remember who the user was. flowerred.gif

Lo, those many years ago there came a great hero... a man so mighty, so powerful, the mere condition of having his attention focused on you caused you to wet yourself in terror and admiration. His arms were albino pythons, his every heartbeat set off car alarms, and his breath smelled of flowers and apple pie.

He was the noblest of them all... he was:

Snizzenfixit. 736.jpg

Lo, those many years ago there came a great hero... a man so mighty, so powerful, the mere condition of having his attention focused on you caused you to wet yourself in terror and admiration. His arms were albino pythons, his every heartbeat set off car alarms, and his breath smelled of flowers and apple pie.

He was the noblest of them all... he was:

Snizzenfixit. 736.jpg

hail.gif