• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art - darthdiesel c. 1984

55 posts in this topic

Reading thru this thread, I am awed by some of the talent we have on here! Thank you for sharing...I know that I read comics back then and no matter how bad at drawing I was (more into calculating and order than creativity), reading a good issue or story arc, would inspire me to attempt to draw. It was fun when I had time to do it...definitely great memories!

One question though......why does Wolverine look like he hasn't eaten for about 2 weeks?

Did you mean to draw ab muscles and drew ribs by mistake (although they're awfully low for ribs)? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I guess I was attempting a "swimmer's taper"..Ribs? You see ribs in there? 27_laughing.gif

How do we know it's a real Diesel...there's no signature... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ddthor.jpg

What 893whatthe.gif the... Rob Liefield on Thor ?

27_laughing.gif Was it the representation of a wrist on one hand and the absence of the wrist on the other that confirmed this for you? grin.gif

Anybody here have any formal art training??? I wish I had.....

Chris

What??? shocked.gif Can't you tell by my use of line and shading and my handle on perspective that obviously I've had years of classic art training??? Man, you must be drunk again?

Joseph - beautiful work! It reminded me of Tanya Roberts in Sheena: Queen of the Jungle.... Catholic school detention is the worst! Always pointless and doesn't do much for discipline. Time to find Mr. Doyle and have him wake up to a bag of sand, cut open, at the foot of his bed, with a copy of this painting lying in the middle of it, like a calling card wink.gif

SOMEBODY liked Frazetta!

Still very much love his work! As a kid, his fantasy art inspired me to experiment with different subject matter. Later, his dabbling in 3D animation again led me to seriously consider the field of graphic design, at least on a liesurely level. Its not to say that I completely abandoned my freehand skills, but I have to admit that it is truly amazing the results CGI can yield, even with a half decent home computer.

As far as I can remember, this is a Frazetta. One of my favourite paintings of his at the time.

The thing I liked most is the contrast of the subjects; an albino sheena, with a black panther. And yeah, I exaggerated her proportions a bit grin.gif

Joseph - beautiful work! It reminded me of Tanya Roberts in Sheena: Queen of the Jungle.... Catholic school detention is the worst! Always pointless and doesn't do much for discipline. Time to find Mr. Doyle and have him wake up to a bag of sand, cut open, at the foot of his bed, with a copy of this painting lying in the middle of it, like a calling card

grin.gif

Thanks Darth!

You don't know how many times the thought of just throwing sand in his face crossed my mind as he watched over my shoulders; better yet -- anyone ever watch the Tin Men, with Danny Devito and Richard Dryfuss? If you didn't, there is this scene where Richard Dryfuss breaks into Danny Devito's home. Danny Devito apprehends him, ties him up, and seats him down in the living room in front of the TV. He then walks back into the living room with a salad bowl filled with eggs and tomatoes and spends the rest of the night launching eggs and tomatoes at Dryfuss' face while reading him the riot act. If I ever had the chance to do this to anyone, Mr Doyle would definitely be first on my list wink.gif