• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure 431...good enough to send in?

9 posts in this topic

This one looks pretty good to me...I just wonder if the slight soiling on the back edges will bring it down much? Note...the small, light splotch on the spine in the middle of Spectre's cape is a printing mark, not a stain or wear. Please let me know what you think! flowerred.gif

adventure431.jpg

adventure431b.jpg

Great cover! I'd give it a 9.2 with an outside shot at a 9.4. Scans can overemphasize the stains on the back cover (I know mine does).

Maybe you should give it the "wonderbread" treament to clean up that back cover. Anybody ever try this stuff off of comicsupply.com? absorene.jpg

Great cover! I'd give it a 9.2 with an outside shot at a 9.4. Scans can overemphasize the stains on the back cover (I know mine does).

Maybe you should give it the "wonderbread" treament to clean up that back cover. Anybody ever try this stuff off of comicsupply.com? absorene.jpg

Don't even need that... just take a white art eraser with light pressure and strokes in one direction.. it'll take that grime away super-fast!!!

I plan on keeping it...it just looks so beautiful in-hand I was curious as to how CGC would grade it (but not worth the fees for a book of this value though). To me it looks structurally like a 9.6 but I'm not sure how much the slight soiling on the back hurts it. Thanks for everyone's input! thumbsup2.gif