• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Comic Collector that lost his mind?

6 posts in this topic

shocked.gif Have I lost my mind? I purchased a box of Marvel Superhero magnets for $28 (120 magnets total comes out to .024 cents per magnet). I'm thinking that I will keep an unopened set of 50 and open a few to display, and sell the rest for a small profit.

Anyway, can you think of a purchase where you were found yourself thinking "have I lost my mind"? crazy.gif

........sorry, i can't beat the magnet story............but i have bought a few sets of comic related trading cards in the past (early 90's) and thought........'what the hell am i going to do with these?'....... grin.gifblush.gif

YES... Every bid and win I've made on Ebay since the last Heritage Auction, and the market started it's downward spiral from the penthouse suite to the rent controlled apartments on the ground floor, I've been asking myself..."Have I lost my mind?".

lol! laugh.gif Yeah, now you can buy most comic cards by the box for less than $18. IMO, there are some good comic related cards to be found. I'm into painted comic art, and sets like Marvel Masterpieces with painted art by Joe Jusko are kinda cool. Also some great Fantasy painters have painted some of our favorite heroes, painters like Borris V., Julie Bell, Bros Hildebrandt, and Joe Devito.

I have two nice posters hanging in my bedroom. One is a painting by Greg Hildebrandt of Spider-Man (with a big glowing moon behind him), and the other is a painting by Joe Devito of Superman entitled "Faster than a speeding bullet" in which Superman is taking a few bullets to the chest for his honey Lois Lane.

Anyone that professes to be a comic book collector, and appreciates Borris V. paintings, owes it to themselves to purchase a book called "Titans". It is in full color and is nothing but painted Superhero art by Borris V., and Julie Bell.

A few times - and i blame Ebay! I would get bored looking at comics and would search other areas of stuff I used to collect when i was younger. I bought a bunch of wacky packs, some original transformers, and the worst was a set of the new marvel tin lunch boxes. Sometimes digging into ebay is like opening Pandora's box!