• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dad&Son's Comic Con report

53 posts in this topic

Alright.. it seems everyone and their dog is making threads about going to cons. So here's my little contribution. Went to the Winnipeg Comic Con with the usual lowered expectations. Run in a hotel basement that felt like I was in Hades devil.gif frickin' hot in the place.. classy establishment with a strip joint connected to it 27_laughing.gif

First, I just want to say I meet Lazyboy from the forums and he was a geniune kool kat.. nice guy all round and great to chat with. thumbsup2.gif We ended up hanging out at the same booth where there was some decent stuff. I did see one chick dressed as Supergirl but didn't know if she was a fangirl at the con or just the entertainment from next door on a break confused.gif

Quickly scanned the floor for hi grade horror, or at least with nice eye appeal. Being Winnipeg, there was none makepoint.gif So I decided to change gears for today only and look for books with my favourite Bronze age artist, Neal Adams and a few 12 cent DC books with great eye appeal. Here's my booty I walked away with ...

A sweet hi grade copy of DC Special # 26

DCSpecial26.jpg

A couple of great WW bondage covers to satisfy my sick fantasies tongue.gif

WW199.jpg

WW200.jpg

A Flash #145 ( coolest purchase of the day... and I'll tell you why at the end... )

Flash145.jpg

A few Adam's Superman covers thumbsup2.gif

Superman204.jpg

Superman205.jpg

Superman254.jpg

Some beautiful DC 12 centers with incredible glossy colour..

JLA49.jpg

JLA63.jpg

I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would buy Lois Lane...(but I also never thought I'd be shacking up with Greggy in a hotel either 893whatthe.gif ) my excuse for the Lois Lanes... yeahok.gif it's Neal Adams acclaim.gif

LL84.jpg

LL89.jpg

LL91.jpg

LL105.jpg

Finally... the reason the older Flash was the best pick up of the day for me.....

Double Cover!!!! My first one ever thumbsup2.gif

FlashDoubleCover2.jpg

FlashDoubleCover1.jpg

So overall, better then the last show... but by no means like the stuff you guys did at the Wondercon... ahhhh.. but there will be San Diego cloud9.gif

Great stuff D&S

to bad I could not make it.

Any pics of the supergirl? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No sorry Lawrence sorry.gif.. I was confused .. I didn't know if it was a cape or a blanket for the last song of her show devil.gif

All the more reason for a pic or two. devil.gif

<<I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would buy Lois Lane...(but I also never thought I'd be shacking up with Greggy in a hotel either ) my excuse for the Lois Lanes... it's Neal Adams>>

Next up for you: buying the Adams issues of Jerry Lewis...

acclaim.gif

JLA63.jpg

Nice swag! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And you've inspired me to add Justice League 63 to my want list. cloud9.gif

Why did he tear all of their clothes?

Origin and first appearance of SuperPerv?

I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would buy Lois Lane...(but I also never thought I'd be shacking up with Greggy in a hotel either ) my excuse for the Lois Lanes... it's Neal Adams

Hey - Lois Lanes are cool, and they are good reads - it's simply amazing how they can tell the same story over and over again. If you decide you don't want them, there is a ready audience for resale!!! headbang.gif

Alright.. it seems everyone and their dog is making threads about going to cons.

Never too many Con reports for me Paul.

We might yet meet at one, ya never know.

Kenny