• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you know this guy on eBay?

17 posts in this topic

"Pop Culture Comix" I won a auction from him alittle while back and he clams he never received my money order..... Got into a little fight and he neg me for not paying bla bla..... So after 60 days I went to post office with my m/o stub to refund my money... I had to file some [!@#%^&^] and they said ill get a letter from the USPS in a few days..... Well I got the letter today and that [!@#%^&^] cashed my money order...

The problem is I dont have this e-mail address and when I try to use "ask a seller a question" I get a message saying "popculturecomix is not a registered user. Please check the User ID".. I think he change his user id, he's a power seller with over 2000 feedback so im hoping someone here knows his new user id so I can e-mail this [!@#%^&^] [!@#%^&^] and get my money back!!

heres the auction i won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2173008787

Any help would be great......

Punisher.....do yourself a favor and when you contact this guy, try to play it low key and explain the situation to him, that you have proof that he cashed your money order. I'm not making excuses for him, but he seems to run alot of auctions so maybe he just effed up. If you curse him out, no way you get anywhere with him.

This is one reason I hate paying for stuff on Ebay with money orders. I prefer paying by check...it takes a little longer to get my stuff, but at least I have proof of payment. Even with Paypal, your credit card statement is proof of purchase.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. All the best

Negs for popculture

This guy looks like a classic shipping profiteer. Charges priorty rates for media mail shipping. Then her wonders why it takes so long. I bet he doesn't even pop in for delivery confirmation or offer it. Plain stupidity could be avoided. Lays back and blames post office for lack of action and lost items. I wouldn't put it past them not to ship some of the lower cost items $1 - $20 and fall back on the BS excuse "didn't buy insurance so we are blame free and go yell at the post office." Yes, I can see a bad pattern of preying on eBay newbies. Maybe eBay should make it mandatory that sellers start using tracking services or offer them. No reason why anything shoulkd get lost "without" explanation in this day and age. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

Negs for popculture

This guy looks like a classic shipping profiteer. Charges priorty rates for media mail shipping. Then her wonders why it takes so long. I bet he doesn't even pop in for delivery confirmation or offer it. Plain stupidity could be avoided. Lays back and blames post office for lack of action and lost items. I wouldn't put it past them not to ship some of the lower cost items $1 - $20 and fall back on the BS excuse "didn't buy insurance so we are blame free and go yell at the post office." Yes, I can see a bad pattern of preying on eBay newbies. Maybe eBay should make it mandatory that sellers start using tracking services or offer them. No reason why anything shoulkd get lost "without" explanation in this day and age. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

My thoughts exactly, Darth. He has tons of "lost in the mail" messages there. That's pure bullhockey. Packages don't get lost in the mail in those percentages. And there are a lot of "no payment/I paid!" disputes. I think this is another of his patterns, as the subject of this thread states. The guy looks intermittently shady (he has too many positives to say he's always pulling something).

-- Joanna

That's one power seller that I will never buy from! Thanks for the heads up!

DAM

Glad to here that...... This guy was a total and very rude threw out this whole process and thats the reason I didn't send the guy a 2nd payment. thank god!!

I remember this guy e-mailing me saying how his going to terminate my eBay acount if I leave him a neg!! He clams since he's a power seller he has alot of "pull" with eBay and can terminate my account any time......

Anyhow, I e-mailed the guy a somewhat friendly letter and I can't wait to see what his response will be....

Oh, one more thing.... My 1 and only neg feedback is from this guy, is it possible to get it removed some how?

thanks

That's one power seller that I will never buy from! Thanks for the heads up!

DAM

Glad to here that...... This guy was a total and very rude threw out this whole process and thats the reason I didn't send the guy a 2nd payment. thank god!!

I remember this guy e-mailing me saying how his going to terminate my eBay acount if I leave him a neg!! He clams since he's a power seller he has alot of "pull" with eBay and can terminate my account any time......

Anyhow, I e-mailed the guy a somewhat friendly letter and I can't wait to see what his response will be....

Oh, one more thing.... My 1 and only neg feedback is from this guy, is it possible to get it removed some how?

thanks

If this guy threatened to neg you, send an email to Ebay. Threats like that are a big "no-no". He can be suspended for that type of behavior.

As for the negative feedback, I think someone on this board posted something about getting rid of the neg by:

- write a reply to the neg using foul language

- then have someone send in a complaint about the foul language to Ebay

- Ebay will then remove the whole thing

Please keep in mind that I do NOT know for a fact if this works. I just seem to recall someone saying this. So I wouldn't do that unless someone else confirms that this is the case. Otherwise it could make you look bad with buyers. makepoint.gif

This is one reason I hate paying for stuff on Ebay with money orders. I prefer paying by check...it takes a little longer to get my stuff, but at least I have proof of payment. Even with Paypal, your credit card statement is proof of purchase

We live in a modern age where it doesn't take weeks to see if a check can clear. The banks I deal with can pretty much check and see if a check is good right away. The tellers really hate it though and give ya dirty looks when ya ask them to check on a check, but I find checks ok to do business with. Never could understand why the wait. Must be those stone age computer systems out there. Bottom line... I never got screwed yet with a bad check. smile.gif

A couple of times I used a MO and didn't get my stuff and was pretty much out of luck trying to get my money back, or the item. mad.gif

[quote My 1 and only neg feedback is from this guy, is it possible to get it removed some how?

thanks

]

If you can't get it removed, make sure you respond to the neg in your profile by stating you have proof the payment was received....

Also, if the Post Office can give you hard copy proof, file a complaint with eBay and forward that proof.

This is one reason I hate paying for stuff on Ebay with money orders. I prefer paying by check...it takes a little longer to get my stuff, but at least I have proof of payment. Even with Paypal, your credit card statement is proof of purchase

We live in a modern age where it doesn't take weeks to see if a check can clear. The banks I deal with can pretty much check and see if a check is good right away. The tellers really hate it though and give ya dirty looks when ya ask them to check on a check, but I find checks ok to do business with. Never could understand why the wait. Must be those stone age computer systems out there. Bottom line... I never got screwed yet with a bad check. smile.gif

A couple of times I used a MO and didn't get my stuff and was pretty much out of luck trying to get my money back, or the item. mad.gif

You used to be able to call up the bank it was drawn on and verify that the check was paid. But now many banks are refusing to give that information out. My bank has told me that a check can be returned after any length of time and so there is no "safe" amount of time for a check to clear. Typically 5 business days works ok, but the bank told me that it can take an indeterminate amount of time.

I still take checks, but if I can't call the bank it's drawn on to verify it has been paid, I wait an extra 5 business days. No one wants to get hit with the ridiculous charges banks impose when a deposit bounces though.

thanks

If this guy threatened to neg you, send an email to Ebay. Threats like that are a big "no-no". He can be suspended for that type of behavior.

As for the negative feedback, I think someone on this board posted something about getting rid of the neg by:

- write a reply to the neg using foul language

- then have someone send in a complaint about the foul language to Ebay

- Ebay will then remove the whole thing

Please keep in mind that I do NOT know for a fact if this works. I just seem to recall someone saying this. So I wouldn't do that unless someone else confirms that this is the case. Otherwise it could make you look bad with buyers. makepoint.gif

I've had direct experience with this, and have heard the above rumored elsewhere. To my knowledge/experience, it doesn't quite work the way you've outlined.

If you receive feedback that contains profanity or "significantly abusive language" (my own terminology in quotes), you can complain to eBay and they'll remove the offending feedback in its entirety. Not sure how the rumor got started that you could include profanity in your feedback, or your response to neg feedback, and get the whole 'thread' removed. I doubt this actually works, and it seems quite risky, as you could end up with the neg still there, and no defense/response of your own to refute it...

But if the neg contains profanity, you can indeed have it removed. In the instance where I did this, the neg feedback I'd left for the seller remained on his record...