• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City Planet Comic-Con May 5th and 6th 2007

157 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm sorry my son and I missed everyone at dinner. I don't know if we got our signals crossed, plans changed or everyone was just running late, but we waited at KC Masterpiece until a bit after 7:00 and when no one showed up, my son and I went on home. frown.gif

I had to leave the Con for a bit to take him by a car dealership I'd been promising to take him to for quite a while and unfortunately this was the only day we have had off at the same time in quite a while.

I wish I would have had someone's cell number. We were really looking forward to meeting and talking to everyone. sorry.gif

That's a real bummer sorry.gif

The plans seemed to switch back and forth a couple of times, then everyone ended up at Jack's Stack. I was under the impression that you and your son were going to be meeting us there.

Definately a case of crossed signals as there were even two seats saved for you guys. frown.gif

Sorry I missed meeting you and your son and I'm sure everyone else will feel the same way.

Where were you when all the cool people called me and spoke with me? confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I was at the other end of the table. I didn't even know they had you on the line til after dinner when Mica said they handed him the phone.

Hey,

I'm sorry my son and I missed everyone at dinner. I don't know if we got our signals crossed, plans changed or everyone was just running late, but we waited at KC Masterpiece until a bit after 7:00 and when no one showed up, my son and I went on home. frown.gif

I had to leave the Con for a bit to take him by a car dealership I'd been promising to take him to for quite a while and unfortunately this was the only day we have had off at the same time in quite a while.

I wish I would have had someone's cell number. We were really looking forward to meeting and talking to everyone. sorry.gif

The plans seemed to switch back and forth a couple of times, then everyone ended up at Jack's Stack. I was under the impression that you and your son were going to be meeting us there.

Definately a case of crossed signals as there were even two seats saved for you guys. frown.gif

Sorry I missed meeting you and your son and I'm sure everyone else will feel the same way.

Where were you when all the cool people called me and spoke with me? confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I was at the other end of the table. I didn't even know they had you on the line til after dinner when Mica said they handed him the phone.

No, it was when they were still at the con sign-rantpost.gif

Hey,

No, it was when they were still at the con sign-rantpost.gif

I dunno then, maybe it was when I was off secretly bending the corners back on every sweet 9.8 candidate DC 100 pager? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey,

Dang. We kept waiting for you to show up too alecholland. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. sorry.gif

Hey,

Dang. We kept waiting for you to show up too alecholland. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. sorry.gif

Yeah, my son said that maybe this was some sort of CGC board hazing. They tell the new guy they're going to meet one place for dinner and then everyone goes somewhere else.

It's funny because we actually talked about heading over to Jack Stack for dinner, but then about 7:15 when no one showed at the other place, we just decided to go home. We were both pretty down. We didn't think the Con was that great this year, so we were really looking forward to meeting some of the board members to make up for a disappointing Con.

On the plus side, I did get a really cool inked sketch from David Peterson (Mouse Guard) for my wife as part of her Mother's Day gift.

Um...I don't remember talking to you Greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

You are an outsider

REPORT coming in a few hours. Have pics and books to scan....then the tales can be told.

And I will expose all. 893whatthe.gif

(within reason) popcorn.gif

I still don't know why greggy wanted to know what I was wearing. confused-smiley-013.gif

REPORT coming in a few hours. Have pics and books to scan....then the tales can be told.

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Hey,

I think it is all my fault... sorry.gif

Hey,

I think it is all my fault... sorry.gif

Nah, it's my fault. I should have stuck around with everyone instead of leaving to take my son to the car dealership. Just another case of my tendency to overcommit to too many things at the same time. It's a bad habit of mine.

He's not really into to comics and so in order to appease him, I promised I would take him a couple places in addition to going to the Con. It really put a damper on my whole experience this year because I knew he was bored out of his mind.

I really would've liked to have met everyone and it was good at least talking to you for a bit Jon, but I know it's my own fault. Oh well, hopefully next year.

Any chance Mr Khaos will be attending???
He should be. We planned on meeting at a moderately priced steakhouse.

Well the first round of drinks is on me. thumbsup2.gif

Hey.... wait a minute! sign-rantpost.gif

poke2.gif