• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City Planet Comic-Con May 5th and 6th 2007

157 posts in this topic

If anyone would like to hang out and talk comics after the show, give me a shout. I'd love to shoot the *spoon* with some of you. thumbsup2.gif

I think we are all going to try and get together after the show and have dinner somewhere. However, I've never met any board members so I don't know what anyone looks like. Although, I'm pretty sure that lighthouse will probably be the only dealer with a female assistant, so I should be able to figure that out.

If anyone would like to hang out and talk comics after the show, give me a shout. I'd love to shoot the *spoon* with some of you. thumbsup2.gif

I think we are all going to try and get together after the show and have dinner somewhere. However, I've never met any board members so I don't know what anyone looks like. Although, I'm pretty sure that lighthouse will probably be the only dealer with a female assistant, so I should be able to figure that out.

Oh I doubt I will have the only female assistant... but mine stacks up against anyone's... tongue.gif

In X-Men knowledge of course... geez, what were you thinking? 893naughty-thumb.gif

And I like the previously suggested idea of having everyone meet at my booth before leaving for dinner. I'll have plenty of stuff I can trick you into buying for you to look at while you wait. thumbsup2.gif

Unofficially for the steak house afterwards we have

cd4ever

alecholland (and son)

mica

clark khaos

lighthouse

Scheradon

BigMike?

jonjesper ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

cd4ever

alecholland (and son)

mica

clark khaos

lighthouse

Scheradon

BigMike?

jonjesper ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

well if you are adding "(and son)" you need to add "(and assistant)" to mine... gossip.gif

cd4ever

alecholland (and son)

mica

clark khaos

lighthouse

Scheradon

BigMike?

jonjesper ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

well if you are adding "(and son)" you need to add "(and assistant)" to mine... gossip.gif

A friend of mine is coming to the show also, so I am sure he will be cool with going. Although we are getting up at 3 AM to drive and wanted to take in Spidey 3 confused-smiley-013.gif

Just booked the room at Pear Tree, great rates online. Called to see how the rooms were looking for availability, she told me there was plenty available and that I should continue with the online reservation as there was a better discount. Thanks Big Mike! hail.gif

cd4ever

alecholland (and son)

mica

clark khaos

lighthouse

Scheradon

BigMike?

jonjesper ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

A friend of mine is coming to the show also, so I am sure he will be cool with going. Although we are getting up at 3 AM to drive and wanted to take in Spidey 3 confused-smiley-013.gif

Just booked the room at Pear Tree, great rates online. Called to see how the rooms were looking for availability, she told me there was plenty available and that I should continue with the online reservation as there was a better discount. Thanks Big Mike! hail.gif

I think I will also have a friend going along. He's the biggest Daredevil fan I know of and loves talking comics, so he should fit right in.

Just finished loading the van... Have three stops along the way...

MASSIVE lighthouse con report coming... thumbsup2.gif

with pictures. yay.gif

and a story about the $4200 reason I hate PayPal... foreheadslap.gif

and more random "slice of life" observations than you can shake a stick at...

BTW, anyone looking for my booth in KC, just look for the black pipe and drape. That will be me. thumbsup2.gif

cd4ever

alecholland (and son)

mica

clark khaos

lighthouse

Scheradon

BigMike?

jonjesper ?

confused-smiley-013.gif

headbang.gif

Now I wish my user ID was Sanford.

Where did we decide we are going to dinner?

Unless it's Steak and Shake, we better make a reservation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You stopping in Dallas on your way north?

I was originally going to stop and sell Jeremy about 50,000 bags, but after the first two emails I never got another reply...

Now I can't decide whether to bring the 50,000 anyway and just dump them stupidly cheap at the show... juggle.gif

Thing is, 50,000 bags aren't exactly light... foreheadslap.gif

Unless it's Steak and Shake, we better make a reservation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I assumed one of the local fellers like Khaos or Scheradon was handling that. crazy.gif

Did you find any crummy books from my crummy want list?

Didn't have time... but I am bringing my crummy books... juggle.gif

And this is my last post before leaving... My buxom assistant manager will have her laptop, so we will scrounge some wireless along the way. thumbsup2.gif

I assumed one of the local fellers like Khaos or Scheradon was handling that. crazy.gif

The show is over on Saturday at 5:00. How long will it take the people running booths to break down?

Let me know a head count and I'd be happy to call and make reservations somewhere. Counting sons, friends, and assistants I think we may have about 11 or 12.

Also, let me know some suggestions on where everyone would like to go.

Here's a couple nearby decent meat n' potatoes type places:

Jack Stack (Barbeque)

Hereford House (Steakhouse)