• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$294.00 for a Whiz 2 (#1) reprint!!!

9 posts in this topic

I emailed the guy to see if the interior was Black and white(Flashback) He told me to read description.(Description doesnt state) It is not a DC Treasury . It still just Doesnt look right. I am guessing Flashback. Seller is being kida cagy 893naughty-thumb.gif on this and I am guesiing HE knows exactly what it is.( If it was the "real thing"I am betting there would be alot better description.) Also he refrences CGC in regards to other books he will sell. ( Like he wouldnt CGC this Book if was a true Whiz !!!!)

He Added this...

OK. This is in response to dozens of emails. This is NOT a Flashback reprint. I have seen them & this is not it. Unfortunately, it is in black & white so it is apparently not the original. Only 1 person has possibly been correct on this. He thought there was an older rarer reprint w/ a cardboard cover. I believe the pages are identical to the original w/ the adds, including the typewriter add on the bc. I will buy this book back if the buyer does not want it but they will have to pay my ebay fees on it. If you are into making your own encased comics you can put it in the case & hang it on your wall for show.

J.D.

Right, Didnt see the additon to the description. Have to scroll down further. Why didnt seller state in original description?(seems pretty knowledgable) $300 bucks for that!!. I see problems with the eventual winner of this auction. makepoint.gif

I love this line from his auction:

"According to the guide, this is the original copy but I am skeptical because good things like this never happen to me"

I think what he meant to say was "...good things like this never happen to MY CUSTOMERS...I guarantee it!"

It's like he's making a game out of it... I mean, anyone selling the kinds of books this guy's selling - meaning all over the map, CGCed and not - would KNOW from the get-go that if the interior is black&white, it's not the original...

For whatever it's worth, here's the color scheme on the real thing:

web page

I've seen the reprints before (what the Seller is offering), the cover on cheap, unglossed, thick paper stock, with poor color reproduction (done on a cheap printer). Every color on the cover having a dot pattern with no solid color areas.

This issue looks like the 1970's Reprint issue of early 40's books. I have a All Star Comics #3 from the 1970's reprinted with lack luster gloss color cover and thicker stock not sure though if they did 40's Fawcetts also. Does anyone have further information on the 1970's reprints who did them and why????