• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which grading company?

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to collecting comics and was wondering if the company that is chosen to do the grading of my comics effects the worth in the end, or is it just the grade that matters. I suppose sales on auction sites are one of my concern at this time. Thanks.

well, if you're on these boards, you obviously know about CGC. it's the bigger name and garners alot more attention.

pgx is the other one, and its website reports to have cheaper costs than cgc, but i dont think their holders are as nice, and they dont have anything like the signature series that cgc offers.

CGC is the only grading company worth using. There is a lot of shady stuff going on with PGX. They've gained some market acceptance, but their history of dealing with shady sellers is a long and troubling one. They also seem nearly incapable of spotting trimming and some other forms of restoration. For example, this is a book I bought in a CGG (this was PGX's former name) holder, then resubmitted to CGC. PGX missed the trim job on all three edges.

asm10frontCGG.jpg

asm10plodfsmall.jpg