• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You win $50 million in the lottery. How much do you spend on comics?

149 posts in this topic

I would spend 20 million on a collection. Another 10 million on a mansion and a couple of sports cars. Save the rest.....

No you wouldn't, because I would beat some sense into you first. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

I'd spend all of it on Marvel stock so I could force out Joey Q. and replace him with someone who wasn't always sucking the Bendis *spoon*.

Actually it would probably break down something like this...

$2.5 million on comics

$2.5 million on a place to store all of them

$5 million to the Hero Initiative

Probably not much at all. Maybe a few hundred grand. confused-smiley-013.gif

The rest would go into investments so I could make sure that I never EVER had to work at another job I didn't like for the rest of my life. Total independence would be a lot more important to me than some comics.

Am I the only one to find it odd that a lot of people would stop working if they won the lotto ?

Why is that odd? I would love to never have to work again. I have two jobs right now, neither of which I particularly enjoy. Spending my time reading, hanging out with friends, traveling and volunteering would be a lot more rewarding. I always found it odd that people DIDN'T quit when they won the lotto. It was almost like they were so deep into their routine they couldn't break free. Kind of sad...

I would buy Greggy and put him in the princess Leia slave outfit, and have him do my bidding on Ebay for me.

(did I just say that out loud?) 893whatthe.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Am I the only one to find it odd that a lot of people would stop working if they won the lotto ?

Why is that odd? I would love to never have to work again. I have two jobs right now, neither of which I particularly enjoy. Spending my time reading, hanging out with friends, traveling and volunteering would be a lot more rewarding. I always found it odd that people DIDN'T quit when they won the lotto. It was almost like they were so deep into their routine they couldn't break free. Kind of sad...

Never having to work again sounds more like punishment than reward to me..

I enjoy a great number of things and working is one of them. I couldn't imagine a life where I would just hang around all day..Leisure time is golden, but it loses a lot of its luster when every day becomes leisure day confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd do all the things I spoke off if I won the lottery, improve my material things, but I wouldn't quit my job. Guess I'm lucky being happy with how my life has turned out 893applaud-thumb.gif

$500,000 for as many Adam Hughes covers as I could find cloud9.gif

I'd save $3 mil and give the rest away. confused-smiley-013.gif

yeahok.gif

Ditto

yeahok.gifyeahok.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Seriously, i wouldn't even know what to do with all that money, I would probably share it with my friends and give some to charity confused-smiley-013.gif

You could buy Hello Kitty inc 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Seriously, i wouldn't even know what to do with all that money, I would probably share it with my friends and give some to charity confused-smiley-013.gif

Can I be your friend?

If I won $50 million or more,not only would I not spend a single dollar on comics,I would give away every comic I own,as well as everything else.

I'd take my winnings and completely start my life over,leaving the past behind.

Okay,I might keep my Schomburgs,but I'd give away everything that didn't have sentimental value to me.

Heck, I found it odd that people were talking about taxes after I said "after taxes"... confused-smiley-013.gif

I have known three lotto winners personally. All in the $5-10 mil range. Two stopped working, the other took a one-week vacation and went right back to his job. The two that stopped working are both now completely broke (and it's been less than 5 years). The guy that went back to work lost about half his money trying to breed race horses. But he's still in fine shape...

I do find it interesting how many folks have replied saying they wouldn't be spending any money on comics at all. It's not like comics are the Ramen Noodles of entertainment, that you only put up with because you can't afford better. The idea that something you love while earning $50K a year will be trivial to you when you are earning $5 mil a year is a little odd to me.

To each his or her own. I would hope that most of us would at least ensure that we arranged things so we could do what we truly loved. Waking up happy each morning is far more important than how your investments did last quarter... thumbsup2.gif

Never having to work again sounds more like punishment than reward to me..

I enjoy a great number of things and working is one of them. I couldn't imagine a life where I would just hang around all day..Leisure time is golden, but it loses a lot of its luster when every day becomes leisure day confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd do all the things I spoke off if I won the lottery, improve my material things, but I wouldn't quit my job. Guess I'm lucky being happy with how my life has turned out 893applaud-thumb.gif

Idle hands are the devils work. sign-rantpost.gif

To each his or her own. I would hope that most of us would at least ensure that we arranged things so we could do what we truly loved. Waking up happy each morning is far more important than how your investments did last quarter... thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif (send my books yet ? confused-smiley-013.gif )