• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about getting things signed.

6 posts in this topic

I inquired about doing this and was basically told to send it c/o which ever company they are with (Ie. Marvel or DC) and was given a cautionary "good luck" because anything could happen once you send it in: from it being signed and sent back in decent condition to it never being signed, never sent back and no one knows about it...

So basically you are taking a BIG risk 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had sent some card to Chaos comics back in the 90's to be signed. They came back about 3 months later, with sigs from Brian Pulido, Stephen Hughes and Jason Jensen. That's the best story I have. I would think that a huge publisher like DC of Marvel, they would just file those requests away in the circular file.

blah, hopefully they have someone good at the next portland con then. I know, funny man thinking good people will be there, but we've had Waid, Kessel and Bendis there before, so it isn't all bad. :P

Has anyone ever mailed a book to an artist/writer to try and get it signed? been thinking about sending a couple of minor keys to stan lee, and a Daredevil poster to frank miller.

i'd be pretty reserved about going for that course of action. you have no idea what they'll do to the book once they get it - if it'll go into a huge pile of "books that i'll sign when i get around to it" or if they send it back, or hell, if they get your books, read them and keep them! unlikely possibilities, but possibilities nonetheless.

go the safer route - go to the shows and get them signed there or get in touch with the CGC witnesses on these boards and send them your books to get signed by whichever writer/artists. there's still no guarantee, but you have a much much better chance than if you just mailed the books to the offices.

Well, found out one of the books was done by someone I know from when I used to play magic, kind of odd 27_laughing.gif, but apparently before he was an editor at Dark Horse, he used to do some covers and writing. and it was the same Chris Warner who wrote the Dark Horse Presents #1. lives down the street from me.

Unfortunately frank miller showing up at the portland con is unlikely, even though dark horse is a couple miles from here. frown.gif