• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a dream.... sorta

14 posts in this topic

After coming so close to owning a Fantasitc Four #1 I have finally had a dream. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Over the last 45ish years of collecting, owning a full run of Amazing Spider-man cloud9.gif, and the X-Men 893applaud-thumb.gif, partial full runs of the Fantastic Four cool.gifand The Avengers, plus several thousands of comics ( at long last in short boxes yay.gifyay.gifrather then the long boxes that broke my back every time I moved ) I 've decided to slim down.

For the last couple of years I've been moving a number of silver age books on Ebay and buying some back. Finally I'm setting a concrete goal. Without sacrificing my Amazing Spider-Man run I have my final targets:

Amazing Fantasy #15 ( got it )

af15fk0.jpg

Amazing Spdier-man #1 ( got it )

asm1vn5.jpg

Fantasitc Four #1 ( had it but it was restored so I returned it and got an immediate full refund 893applaud-thumb.gif but made me very very sorry.gif)

ff1qq8.jpg

My eyes are set on good to very good 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

X-MEN #1 takeit.gif

HULK#1 takeit.gif

AVENGERS #1 takeit.gif

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #83 takeit.gif

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 takeit.gif

INCREDIBLE HULK #181 takeit.gif

SILVER SURFER #1 ( had it 3 times ) takeit.gif

SGT FURY #1 ( got it ) takeit.gif

I've got $1400 a "seed" money and as I mentioned above lots of silver age comics to sell over the long long long run of achieving this lofty goal. Of course it will mean sacrificing lots of my key books frown.gif

This journey will take much strength not to buy any other books then those on my list. That is going to be really really hard. tonofbricks.gif

Wish me luck!!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I hope to latch on to that S T A R

WEBHEAD

it was significantly restored, and the top half was an amazing piece of work. plus the front cover was strengthened. The book inside is complete with off-white pages. I had it graded just to keep it forever. cloud9.gif

Thanks

WEBEHEAD

After searching long and hard I finally have the first piece of the puzzle.

I have AF #15 yay.gif and Amazing Spider-man #1. yay.gif And almost getting suckered with a restored #1, I have my Fantasic Four #1 graded 1.5 ( really nice clean cover )

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

ff1newuh2.jpgcloud9.gif

Now I need to strike either a Hulk #1 or and Avengers #1. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

3 of the hardest ones are in already.

WEBHEAD