• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk 181 - Which copy should I keep or sell?

14 posts in this topic

I'm torn between these two Hulk 181's confused-smiley-013.gif one is raw and one is slabbed.

Please let me know which copy you would keep for your collection and why. I already have a favorite but I won't post comments so I won't taint the results. I will probably sell the losing copy. Thanks guys! thumbsup2.gif

Copy #1 - SLABBED - My scanner doesn't work well with slabs so the picture quality isn't as good as the scanned raw copy. I can post more pics of the slabbed copy, if needed.

Hulk181010.jpg

Copy #2 - RAW

MyHulk181_front.jpg

why don't you keep both so you have have a slabbed copy and a "reader", obviously you wouldnt treat the raw book like a true "reader" copy, but at least you could still have access to the issue.

the white edge never bothered me, so i'd keep the top one. seeing all the little stress marks is more distracting on the bottom copy. they're both pretty decent copies though. and, it's a great book to have an extra copy of.

why don't you keep both so you have have a slabbed copy and a "reader", obviously you wouldnt treat the raw book like a true "reader" copy, but at least you could still have access to the issue.

I want to sell one of the two to buy more books! I'm saving up for more keys AF#15, FF#1, Hulk#1, etc cloud9.gif so I need the CASH!

I see I see. Makes sense in the big picture. After looking at the 2 pics, I'd have to go with Detroit Mike and what he said.

I can count at least 8 visible spine stress lines, whereas on the slabbed book I can't see anything.

It could be the differences in image quality, but the raw looks fresher and has better PQ. I'd take that one.

It's almost as nice as this one... poke2.giftongue.gif

hulk181wft8_0_front.jpg

893censored-thumb.gif Steve! I never should have sold that copy! I still can't believe that is not a 9.0 or 9.2. The color is blinding! It has to be the nicest 8.0 in the universe! cloud9.gif Are you going to resub?

the white edge never bothered me, so i'd keep the top one. seeing all the little stress marks is more distracting on the bottom copy. they're both pretty decent copies though. and, it's a great book to have an extra copy of.

Nah! I guess that's where we differ in opinion! I'd rather not see the white edge! For some reason it bothers me! I'd have to agree with Steve (Zipper68)

It could be the differences in image quality, but the raw looks fresher and has better PQ.

Thanks for your vote! thumbsup2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif Steve! I never should have sold that copy! I still can't believe that is not a 9.0 or 9.2. The color is blinding! It has to be the nicest 8.0 in the universe! cloud9.gif Are you going to resub?

I don't know. Whenever I think about it, I figure I'd rather spend the cash on comics than slabbing fees. grin.gif

I still have to call for the notes. It is the best 8.0 in the universe. cloud9.gif

sell the pair as graded copy with reader/potential grading candidate. then with loot buy some more copies at shows. there are plenty and you might scare up a nice copy to keep forever

sell the pair as graded copy with reader/potential grading candidate. then with loot buy some more copies at shows. there are plenty and you might scare up a nice copy to keep forever

27_laughing.gif Yeah, it's a real sleeper . . . insane.gif