• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yeah, I'll give you $7000 with your zero feedback rating, crappy photo, etc.

21 posts in this topic

Why would anyone ever bid on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assorted-Golden-Age-...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy has:

1. Zero feedback

2. Gives one crappy photo of 12 Golden Age comics

3. Is from a foreign country

4. Is running a 3 day auction

5. Claims he did not take the photo himself

6. States up front he is unwilling to give more photos upon request

Does anyone ever buy from auctions like this? Do people actually send $7000 cash to foreign countries to people with zero feedback? screwy.gif

d38d_1.JPG

linky

His Amazing Fantasy 15 auction has some different copy:

"THIS SET MUST BE INSURED IF POSTED, or you can pick it up at my door. "

That would seem to be a good idea....,

I don't know what to make of this, since he's zero feedback:

"I've just started back up on eBay after a well earned rest ( all those late nights at the computer were killing me ), so keep an eye out for my listings of old/odd stuff over the next few weeks."

Maybe too much negative feedback on his previous auctions? He does appear to have some amazing stuff.

check his other auctions

he has Amazing Fantasy 1-15 up too

Ooooh, his "scans" for AF #1-15 are even better. I wonder if Jenny did those ones too? foreheadslap.gif

Why are you giving this guy a hard time? I suppose an agrument could be made that $11,000 is a lot of money for a low grade AF 15 that appears to be part green, without grades/scans of the other books. But if you read the auction, he even states that he knows the set is worth far more than his starting price.... end of story. So you really can't lose. Besides, how often do you get the chance to buy a compleat set of these books?

He's providing everyone with such a wonderful opportunity.. of course he'd get an indignant attitude if someone were to actually have the nerve to ask him for scans or a description of the books they are buying...

Besides.. he has 1 feedback. Not zero. Way different.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It looks like he did receive his first feedback today...from a zero feedback customer...that joined eBay 2 days after he did...on the same day he started the auction the feedback was left for. 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It looks like he did receive his first feedback today...from a zero feedback customer...that joined eBay 2 days after he did...on the same day he started the auction the feedback was left for. 27_laughing.gif

great communication and great comics.

Buyer alison5820( 0 )

27_laughing.gif

check his other auctions

he has Amazing Fantasy 1-15 up too

Ooooh, his "scans" for AF #1-15 are even better. I wonder if Jenny did those ones too? foreheadslap.gif

You should just call her....I think her number is 8 6 7 - 5 3 0 9 27_laughing.gif

Well, it ain't me and the collecting community here is very small so I am trying to think of anyone I know who might have books of that nature. I mean during WWII we got no US books (they were busy shipping more important stuff around the Pacific) which means they are postwar imports dragged here by OO's or bought by collectors.

There are only a handful of people I know who might have those books, and believe me they wouldn't be selling.

Looks like a scam plain and simple. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif