• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Fanzines: Jack Kirby Collector, Alter Ego, CBM, Comic Book Artist, More!

38 posts in this topic

The title says it all. The '60s and early '70s may have been the Golden Age of the comics fanzine (and organized fandom in general), but the past 15 years or so have seen an explosion of really great magazines dedicated to the gloriously colorful history and heritage of our favorite hobby.

All of these magazines were read once (by me!) and then carefully bagged and stored. Average grade is VF/NM...many better, a few worse (but not by much). Rare artwork, interviews, historical retrospectives...the phrase "GREAT reading" doesn't even begin to do these justice. More like "indispensible" for anyone in search of a deeper understanding of comics' past and present!

My standard terms apply:

1. takeit.gif rules!

2. PayPal only!

3. Domestic Priority Mail shipping is $5 for up to 3 standard magazines; $9 for larger lots, or for oversized (tabloid) magazines. International shipping can be EXPENSIVE, so please contact me with your location for a rate quote before buying.

Up first...Jack Kirby Collector!

Jack Kirby Collector #31, 32, 33, 34. Very cool treasury-sized issues. This is how Kirby's art is meant to be experienced...BIG baby!! Awesome color covers (back and front); B&W interiors. ($10 each cover price).

$30 shipped for the set.

DCP_3207.jpg

Alter Ego (1999) #1 - 13, 17, 18. This is the revival of the classic Roy Thomas/Jerry Bails-edited fanzine. An embarrassment of Golden and Silver Age riches! All flipbook style, no ads. Great, great stuff. ($6 each at cover price)

$65 shipped for the set.

Scan10002-1.jpg

Scan10001-2.jpg

Scan10003-1.jpg

Scan10004-1.jpg

Scan10005-1.jpg

Scan10006-1.jpg

Scan10007-1.jpg

Scan10008-1.jpg

Scan10009-1.jpg

Scan10010-1.jpg

Scan10011-1.jpg

Scan10012-1.jpg

Scan10013-1.jpg

Scan10014-1.jpg

Scan10015-1.jpg

And...a few relevant leftovers from last week, w/reduced prices:

BIG DC reprint lot: Replica giants and giants that NEVER were, like Shazam Annual #1. Cool! 10 comics total. (NOTE: Sugar and Spike reprint is NOT a squarebound; all the rest are.) My favorite is WEIRD SECRET ORIGINS (Spectre, Congorilla, Enchantress, El Diablo, Animal Man, etc.).

$20

dcp_3201.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timely GA Reprint Lot: Includes 3 copies of the ALL WINNERS reprint and 2 copies of the squarebound MARVEL MYSTERY anthology reprint. Others as shown, including the Marvel Milestones CAP 1 reprint.

$10

dcp_3203.jpg