• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else less than impressed with the Dallas Stephens collection

13 posts in this topic

This may have been mentioned already and I missed it but from the way Chuck was hyping this Dallas Stephens "pedigree" I thought it was going to be amazing. Didn't he say it had like 800 keys or something. In his auction descriptions he even says that Dallas Stephen was a stickler for condition or something like that. I mean come on though they are all like 8.5 to 9.2 thats nothing special. I was just expecting more I suppose.

Ericc123

What did that copy of Showcase#4 turn out to be graded at? Also, wasn't Chuck talking about the collection haveing like three or four copies of Showcase#3? I wasn't all that impressed by that, myself. But, good'ol Chuck sure was.

I was kinda excited to see what he would show us on the sight, but in all honesty, I am quite underwhelmed as well, it just looks like a closeing out sale for an old comic shop from the early nineties to me.

Has anyone on this board actually met Mr.Stevens, whats his story, sans all the Chuck [!@#%^&^].

Chris

PS:

I do have a soft spot for a good yarn and our fave Chucklehead sure knows how to spin a few.

speaking of Chuck, in this weeks CBG he's telling about how he managed to finagle his "best friends" into paying for his transportation for free to his first SD convention in 1973. AND - - just like he bragged that his minimum wage employees worship him for his generosity, he adds that when they found out they were pissed, but had such a blast that they were grateful for being conned by him.

ahhhhh, that Chucki!

The Dallas S. collection is overhyped. Just who the heck is he? I've never heard of him in all my years of collecting comic books. I've heard of Jon Berk, West S., etc...but never Dallas Stephens!

John

The Dallas S. collection is overhyped. Just who the heck is he? I've never heard of him in all my years of collecting comic books. I've heard of Jon Berk, West S., etc...but never Dallas Stephens!

John

Wasn't he the guy on Fifth Element? Oh - no - that was Korben Dallas!

John

Wasn't he the guy from Bloom County? Oh - no - that was Steve Dallas!

I've never met Mr Stevens but coming from such a [!@#%^&^] up background I find it amazing he put together such a nice collection.And after all,it is a nice collection.I've been collecting way over twenty years and it blows mine away. It may not be the second coming of J.Greene but would any of you trade your collection even up for his. Its not his fault it failed to live up to chuckles hype.

i bought one book from that collection what if#43 i think with conan on the cover holdind a gun.at best it was mabey a 9.0 but i really wanted to just read it because i know what im getting into when i order from good ole chuckie boo.gif

John

Wasnt it a ranch in Texas?

Oh wait that was Southfork on the TV Dallas

This may have been mentioned already and I missed it but from the way Chuck was hyping this Dallas Stephens "pedigree" I thought it was going to be amazing. Didn't he say it had like 800 keys or something. In his auction descriptions he even says that Dallas Stephen was a stickler for condition or something like that. I mean come on though they are all like 8.5 to 9.2 thats nothing special. I was just expecting more I suppose.

Ericc123

The Dallas Stephens collection is much more impressive when you see it all together. So far, Chuck has only made bits and pieces of it available. I was floored by what I saw prior to San Diego and that didn't include several hundred books that had been shipped to CGC. In fairness, there is a lot of "swill" too but that is to be expected with, however many thousands of books Chuck brought back with him.