• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haven't seen Notch_Top anywhere.

95 posts in this topic

Anyone ever notice that Matt is a Storyteller?...

...My favorite is when I was talking to him on the phone and this was when the Spidey 39 & 40 9.6 first saw the light of day,the seller (N8sk@ 893blahblah.gif) which he bought them from..I said Oh' you bought those 2 spideys" he said "yea, I just mailed the check today for them" some 8K for the pair. Few weeks go by and I see an auction by the seller,it said that Silverage-fan was not allowed to bid, I emailed him asking why and he said he didn't pay for his auctions.He said after i asked him about the 2 9.6 spideys, he said he never paid for them,and the seller did relist them. So i caught Matt in a lie,which is what he does. After you pay for something with him he takes off for like 2-3 weeks...I'm starting to think that he has to get you what you paid for cause he doesn't have it on hand confused-smiley-013.gif

Hmmm... you seem to have caught him in a outright fabrication... maybe he meant to say he "intended" to send out payment? He's done that to me... then no money and no timely explanation.

As far as telling stories... I can't prove much of what I suspect may be... so I'll only speak on what I know has been. He's certainly said MANY things to me that he hasn't followed through with... particularly in regards to the arrival of a payment as mentioned. I suppose that's a story since it happened more than once and was followed with different explanations (after a communication blackout usually). Matt also has talked about having a major key I was trying to sell for him around the same time as our 1st Broken-Deal occurred. After several promises to send me a scan by a certain day to show the prospective clients... he never provided one. He may have had the book...I don't know, but he certainly never showed any evidence he had it. What bothered me more was he had no appreciation for the effort I was making, nor how not doing what he promised undermined my credibility when I could not provide the scan to the interested parties after saying it was coming a few times.

With that said, he does seem to have quite an inventory as his recent $10K's worth of eBay sales show (it also shows though that he has resources to get cash up when he needs it.. and I know for a fact he has even more options available), so I don't doubt that he has most of the books he claims to. In all fairness to him, I also seem to remember him posting a history of a ASM book he resub'd 3 times and received higher grades each time. It looked like the same book to me... maybe he does indeed have a favorable resub average.

Due to the very consistent and clear "communication blackout" pattern (stalling?) that has happened (to me, you and another respected forum member I've spoken with) when its time to consummate a deal, I do see where you form that speculation (although that's all I'm prepared to say it is at this point). I've wondered as well if he's trying to use the "blackout time" for another purpose. In my case, to possibly presell the book he's given me a commitment on (or his undercopy) while securing the book from me with his word.

Thursday will be the "2 Month Anniversary" of his first firm "done deal" commitment to buy my book... further, I have heard nothing from him since 7/15 (almost a Month!) when he reaffirmed WCS (worst case scenario) he would be able to follow through with funds obtained from his eBay sales that ended 3+ weeks ago. Yet... he's been in multiple contact very recently with one of his ebay winners that posted on this thread.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I passed up a sure, instant payment offer for the same book from another board member I had no history with at that time (but do now).

A bird in hand is better than week after week after week of silence, broken promises, and unexplained delays...

Thursday will be the "2 Month Anniversary" of his first firm "done deal" commitment to buy my book... further, I have heard nothing from him since 7/15 (almost a Month!) when he reaffirmed WCS (worst case scenario) he would be able to follow through with funds obtained from his eBay sales that ended 3+ weeks ago. Yet... he's been in multiple contact very recently with one of his ebay winners that posted on this thread.

He seems to follow through with his ebay sales,but don't be surprised if Matt tells you that the people who won his auctions stiffed him to buy more time.

I passed up a sure, instant payment offer for the same book from another board member I had no history with at that time (but do now).

A bird in hand is better than week after week after week of silence, broken promises, and unexplained delays...

It sure is... BUT I was trying to make a gesture to show Matt there were no hard feelings after he apologized. I also don't like to carry grudges and wanted to believe it was a "one-time problem" that he was not going to repeat. He also demonstrated what I took for a "genuine collectors desire" for the book. I'm a bit of a sucker for collectors with similar passion for obtaining books that mean something to them.

I guess its becoming clear that I'm a bit too gullible... 893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gif

He seems to follow through with his ebay sales,but don't be surprised if Matt tells you that the people who won his auctions stiffed him to buy more time.

27_laughing.gif... yeah, I thought of that as well. Of course, contacting me, sending an installment, selling other books he has avaialble to raise more $$$... wouldn't be a good solution to show good faith... assuming that was indeed the excuse given

I find it odd that he has yet to comment on any of this. Perhaps someone should email him, and inform him of this thread?

I find it odd that he has yet to comment on any of this. Perhaps someone should email him, and inform him of this thread?

Someone did... I just heard from him and we are going back and forth via email. I'm trying to determine if he will honor the deal or back out... I just can't tell. He says he has some family issues at the moment so I'm going to once again give him the benefit of the doubt and be patient. I'm probably not going to comment again until I know exactly what's happening next.

Why? Let Mr Storyteller himself come on and find it for himself, He can come on here and call people he's almost ripped of this and that and he can do the same to me,I've got my story and I'm stickin to it

Why? Let Mr Storyteller himself come on and find it for himself, He can come on here and call people he's almost ripped of this and that and he can do the same to me,I've got my story and I'm stickin to it

Believe me...I can understand the frustration.

But you say "ALMOST" ripped off.

If he hasn't *really* ripped anyone off, don't be so tough on him.

I've been on the receiving end of an all out rip off, and I would have been pleased if it had ended up in an "almost".

Believe me...I can understand the frustration.

But you say "ALMOST" ripped off.

If he hasn't *really* ripped anyone off, don't be so tough on him.

I've been on the receiving end of an all out rip off, and I would have been pleased if it had ended up in an "almost".

Dice...Matt's problem is that he takes off for long periods of time after payment/trade is recieved...you don't hear from him for weeks at a time.Besides,he always has an excuse for everything.Hes gone through a few ebay ID's,He told me one time that he wanted to contact ebay and get reinstated cause someone had hacked into his pc and started bidding on all kinds of books without his knowlage...lol.He claims his early spidey come back unrestored after it came back restored the first time,His books have come back 9.6 from a 9.4 on a book like spidey 5 and on and on and on.Gee, If all this is true,then Matt Stanley is quite amazing.Or should I say Dave Stanley? confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow ,

An entire thread devoted to my absense of posting? And a turn for something different...With Supa and Kevin in the wings spreading their usual BS. An ebay bid shiller and a village insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

No clue as to what I did to deserve this..And what I have to "defend" myself against. Any ideas Kevin, Mike, uhhhh..what was YOUR name again?

I have no clue where your vehemence comes from or for what reason. One transaction we had you ended up trying to rip me off with a Paypal chargeback after RECEIPT of the book. I had to call your house or was it your brothers to get it reversed....Remember that?? What was that 3 or 4 years ago?

You are a complete imbecile as anyone can see by viewing your bantering child fight posts with yourself and Gman. I think you just like to hear yourself talk and that's really all you consist of , just talk.

Just be careful of who you "talk" to , as you might find that you bit off more than you can chew.

This is the same merry go around that I have been on since day one on this board you and a few "select" others had your hyperbole to spread, the funny thing is you will base something with a glimmer of truth in it and then change it to what you see fit. Is this creative vengeance or just your to dumb to know the difference?

The same things are being said , just to different ears, for whatever reason. A few of my PM'S strike a chord maybe?

Take a peek at the feedback for both my ebay accounts , all gleaming positive..I guess all those people must have been wrong.

Anything else you specifically have to say to me, let's do it face to face.

As far as this board goes I am pretty well done with it. It started as a useful tool but the few gossip mongers without any clue about what the hell they are talking about , has given me my fill.

To those I have had transactions with I appreciate your business and will always be around if you need me. Thanks so very much!

And a big thanks to you Bruce for your patience!

M

LMAO! I guess you're not going to answer any of the "accusations" about your absence?

Matt..

I read through this entire thread and I have no inkling as to what "accusations" you are referring to...That I have been absent from the board????

Last time I checked we had a solid transaction and everything was okay there?

ASM 57??? Left me positive feedback??

Or you still have some issue with me? If YOU personally have issues with me then why do you continue to do business with me?

Enough of this already....