• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever wonder why those Archie collectors love Harry Lucey?

178 posts in this topic

Forsythe, I really enjoy seeing these books in Comics General.

Great, great stuff, and as a little lad once said.

"More please"

Great, great stuff, and as a little lad once said.

"More please"

As long as I know someones watching, I got lots more Harry Lucey for you!

I always thought of lucey the same way I thought of Barks. The good artist.

You are so right!

Here's a couple of pin-up pages!

AGS32p1.png

AGS32p3.png

Wow, looking at all these great covers. hail.gif Makes me want to dig out my old Archie digests. Does anyone know if Archie ever had an archive/masterworks type of book released?

There's nothing as comprehensive as an archives edition, but there are the Archie Americana Series books (still in print) as well as The Best of Archie book (out of print but often available on ebay).

For the very early Archie appearances in Pep and Jackpot, see Shield's site: www.goldcomics.com thumbsup2.gif

I love these threads because I was a religious Archie Digest reader from 1978

until 2004 before I learned from these boards which artists were which. For that

entire 25+ years I was aware of the artists I loved and those I disliked, but I had no

idea which names went with which styles. I now know the artists I loved were Schwartz,

Lucey and DeCarlo.

Seeing the posts in this thread, I have to say I most prefer the work of Lucey and

Schwartz from the 1960's and 1970's, but that's probably just my stylistic bias.

jug.jpg

I saw 2 separate 10(?) inch tall Betty and Veronica dolls in boxes. Think they came out a few years ago. Anyone know how many other Archie characters were part of that set? Sorry, don't even remember the toy company name.