• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever wonder why those Archie collectors love Harry Lucey?

178 posts in this topic

I would guess he knew, since he drew both of those (his signature is in the lower left-hand corner of the first panel in that Wash Tubbs comic).

Confused. What Wash Tubbs comic did Lucey draw?

Sorry. I saw that Ginger comic and thought it was a Washtubs comic. Nevermind smile.gif

"Low and behold"

Maybe Lucey is a CGC forum member.

Jack

lo blow

A great gag drawn by Lucey (from Archie #207, March, 1971 - a book full of Lucey artwork cloud9.gif)

Low_Voltage_Idea.jpg

Not sure who the writer is on this one, but the gag is absolutely hilarious.

Explain to me why B & V are both trying to seduce Jughead. Isn't most of the male population of Riverdale after them?

Jack

still puzzled by the "Betty can't bag a man" concept

JugA7fc.png

Uh,......because they're women. And he's not into them. Tell a woman she can't have something, and see what happens

There are actually a surpising number of covers from the 40's and 50's where either B or V try their luck with him.

Explain to me why B & V are both trying to seduce Jughead. Isn't most of the male population of Riverdale after them?

Jack

still puzzled by the "Betty can't bag a man" concept

JugA7fc.png