• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Sale Heroes art hits $25,000

15 posts in this topic

I can't find the auction results. What sold for $25k? It sounds like the paintings in the auction are really just signed prints...with an accompanied by a Sale pencil drawing? Hardly worth $25k if that's the case.

It included a vinyl print, Tim's black & white original art, and some extras from

the show. It just shows

a) people have more disposible cash than you think.

b) pop culture items sell higher than comic book stuff.

c) charity auctions can cause unbelieveable prices.

On the vinyl prints. There's multiple copies of each image (even different

sizes). It is production art (used on the show), but it is a 'litho'.

Tim's inked art is original and one of one.

John H.

Even a lunch this Sunday April 1/07 with Tim Sale is being eBayed now by Emerald City Comicon, Seattle, WA. May be the best way to share a burger & beer with Tim and get a Hiro/Heroes sketch (if he is allowed to do them outside of NBC strict copyright contract). Current bid about $450.

After reading the description of the items being auctioned, I'm still not clear as to whether the print included in the sale along with the original black and white art is the actual 'screen used' hero prop.

It is possible that the print (if it's the one that was used in filming and is a key prop) may actually be worth more than the original art itself, regardless of the fact that there are many copies in existence. Could this (along with the fact that the show is hot right now and has a cult following) explain the high price?

Although my collection includes both props and original art, I've never watched the show and I'm not familiar with the prices on Tim Sale art, so I would be interested to know what other collectors think.

A Tim Sale comic book sized b/w original cover art to Ultimate Spidey #100 sold for about $2,500 last month for the HERO Initiative charity.

The auction does NOT specifically state the canvas print was a NBC prop. I sure hope NBC sprang for a giclee using archival inks stretched on canvas for a great hammer price of $25,000.

Else NBC can go to Costco USA to produce 100 each of the regular canvas prints for under $60 per unit and get them signed/numbered by artist Tim Sale.They would sell great during the upcoming summer comicon circuit. Ca$h cow. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hammer price was high because even non-comic book collectors LOVE the Heroes series and want some piece of memorabilia from the hit TV show. headbang.gif

The Tim Sale Hiro with sacred sword vs dinosaur wash b/w art and canvas giclee hammered at $9,200; Heroes tv Eclipse artwork ended at $7,650 all for charity. thumbsup2.gif

I'm shocked. I thought the Hiro piece would have taken the top price.

I guess the 25K piece did have the "Save the cheerleader ..." angle to it though ...