• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greggy is cooler than you are...

34 posts in this topic

I know this because of what arrived in my mailbox today...

A few months back I happened across a low grade copy of a book I thought had a cool cover. For whatever reason I hadn't had one pass through my hands at my shops, and I added it to my list of "random things I wouldn't mind adding to my collection if I found a nice copy."

That week, I was answering a series of "666" PMs from greggy and I mentioned the book. He got back to me and mentioned he had multiple high grade copies, which didn't really surprise me, since unlike 99.99% of the people on the boards I have actually been in Greggy's domicile. I have seen the ungodly horde of high grade stuff that just lays around his place (all neatly organized, but it's freaking everywhere).

I thought nothing else of that conversation...

Today, an envelope shows up from Greggy. I open it up to find this...

aaa221.jpg

Seemed kind of odd... I was sort of wondering why Greggy would have a bright pink box of sports bras. Or why he chose that particular box to cut up and send me...

The other side looked like this...

aaa222.jpg

Easily the brightest packaging I have received in a while...

After a couple minutes of struggling with tape, I open the cardboard sandwich to find...

aaa223.jpg

Free of charge from Greggy...

Sent out of the goodness of his heart, because he knew I wanted one... 893whatthe.gif

I mean, seriously! How can you go wrong with this cover??? It has a fire-breathing monster wrecking tanks and knocking Nazi planes out of the sky!!!

I didn't even realize how great the colors were on this issue from the beater copy that floated through my hands a few months back. Staring at what was probably Greggy's 3rd or 4th best copy was completely different... thumbsup2.gif Even this scan doesn't do the purple color justice...

Now I have no doubt that it will take less than five minutes before someone posts an "Oh by the way Greggy, I have always wanted a "insert expensive book here"". But that's fine. In fact, it might make for a more amusing thread to see 200 replies asking Greggy for stuff.

Greggy is cooler than you are. And that's a fact! thumbsup2.gifsumo.gif

By all accounts, he is predisposed to wearing shorter shorts than most of us as well.

Just kidding, G flowerred.gif Please don't ban me from your auctions. I know you are going to get around to more Groovys before too long . . .

so, you mean, after all the mean ole things that are said about this here Greggy fellow, he's a fine lad? golly 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW he was Secret Santa this past year and way over did it! cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

He was my Secret Santa the previous year, so I know exactly what you mean... thumbsup2.gif

I give kudos to anyone who goes around the world just to kiss snakes... thumbsup2.gif
I think that was a side benefit of what he really goes around the world for. gossip.gif
cloud9.gif