• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supreme Power

7 posts in this topic

In an earlier post someone mentioned that there was a special cover to this comic, could someone tell me what the normal one and the special cover looks like. Also what did people think of the book. I myself thought it was quite interesting and the artwork was alright. It seems different from what I am used to reading lately so I think that I will stay on for awhile.....even tho it so looks and feels like Superman.....could someone help me out on where this book may be going.

i can't help you out with the whole two covers thing... although, I know the most available cover has a child wrapped in a flag. This was the only one my retailer had.

The book is interesting, and I think that it intentionally feels initially like a superman book... but I think next issue and the next, you'll start to see a turn. Where things are starting to go a little wrong. I believe it's a 12 issue mini series and the idea is to make the book a "realistic" take of super heroes in the real world. Since Watchmen, i don't think anybody has really done the idea as well, or with anything truly new. There's so much to be done with the idea and I think JMS will tackle it.

And the "Special Edition" is fat-packed with meaningless extras... so it costs twice as much. I almost picked it up... then I remembered the ORIGINAL Squadron Supreme mini-series and how much I didn't want to revist that piece of shizzle... and I put it right back and went with the less expensive of the two.

893naughty-thumb.gif

I liked the story... although, in keeping with Marvel's current 'write the stories for tpb format' policy, it felt like an introductory build up.

Where is the story going? JMS intends to write this as a JLA-like book with more of a real-world feel.

And I was under the impression that it's an ongoing series.