• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New CGC holder?

93 posts in this topic

You're such a jerk. I can't believe you would do that to dat Den Muddah. boo.gif
Wow...coming from a dork like you, I should be worried! insane.gif

You're such a jerk. I can't believe you would do that to dat Den Muddah. boo.gif

You're actually making less sense than usual. Either my blood sugar's low, or you're Greggy... hmmm.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're actually making less sense than usual. Either my blood sugar's low, or you're Greggy... hmmm.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stop being a TJ...go to bed and shut the frig up. I await your response! sumo.gif

You should be..

No one messes with momma!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stop being a TJ...go to bed and shut the frig up. I await your response! sumo.gif

Oh man, this is like "Mind Games For Dummies." You tell me to go to bed and in the same breath you tell me you "await (my) response"... damn rookie.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh man, this is like "Mind Games For Dummies." You tell me to go to bed and in the same breath you tell me you "await (my) response"... damn rookie.

Maybe you don't understand the TJ response because you've become him. I'm talking about TJ - I'm leaving but not before I respond ad infinum!

Sigh...I thought Kansas was a good school until now! confused-smiley-013.gif

Apperantly they are going to be putting graders notes on it!

I don't think they're changing what they put on it at all, just how it's presented. I like how the serial number is bigger now...you rarely had a chance to read those tiny numbers on the old label style, but on all the scans shown thus far, I've been able to read each one quite clearly.

I don't like the look of the new holder - it detracts too much from the comic.

Yes it is just the grade that matters. tongue.gif In this case, I don't think they did enough to focus on the grade. I was thinking along the lines of using lasers to inscribe the grade holographically into the plastic case so that it looks clear from up front, but if you angle the comic, you see the grade "pop out" at the viewer tongue.gif

Apperantly they are going to be putting graders notes on it!

I don't think they're changing what they put on it at all, just how it's presented. I like how the serial number is bigger now...you rarely had a chance to read those tiny numbers on the old label style, but on all the scans shown thus far, I've been able to read each one quite clearly.

I don't necessarily think that the LARGER serial number is a good thing. If we thought that someone was selling a book that they didn't actually own(stolen image), we could Email them and ask for the CGC number. With that number being enlarged, it's pretty easy to steal a scan......and the serial number as well flamed.gif

I think they're trying to get the hobby into a "number" focus rather than a grade focus. There may be less stigma attached to a 3.5 rating or a 7.5 rating than the words "very good minus" or "very fine minus", both of which sound "negative". Also gets rid of the slash grading (VG/FN, VF/NM, etc.), which some collectors shy away from for no apparent reason. Maybe in a few generations everyone will forget these grades existed...........? confused.gif

Personally, the new label's look doesn't do anything for me. Then again, the original one isn't that interesting either. Whether raw or graded, just buy the books.

Dan