• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check your Iron Man 15's

58 posts in this topic

Our favorite "high grade" seller has discovered a new variant:

Iron Man 15 rarer green variant?

More common Iron Man 15 yellow variant?

Anyone with this book want to confirm?

Darth, mines green. Now I'm not sure which is rarer, but there does seem to be more green ones around than the yellow ones.

I'm wondering if it was a 50:50 distribution?

I am still amazed he is allowed by eBay to put "MINT" in the title of a cgc 6.0 book.....................

Makes me wanna pee in his mouth... 893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Kinky liberals... tongue.gif

Here's what I won so far:

Title ebay Item Winning Bid

SUB-MARINER 3 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE UNRESTORED 2186478672 $0.89

SUB-MARINER 38 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE UNRESTORED 2186483412 $1.00

SUB-MARINER COLLECTION 1~69HIGHGRADE MINT LOT 2186487115 $1.00

SUB-MARINER 2 VF- 7.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186146920 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 4 VF+8.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR! 2186148014 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 8 VF+8.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR! 2186148205 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 9 VF/NM9.0 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186148896 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 12 NM 9.4 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186149164 $3.99

SUB-MARINER 13 VFNM9.0 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186149363 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 15 NM-9.2 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186150032 $2.99 size>

I'll give you double what you paid for these right now via paypal.

Darth, we need a poll. And...congratulations for finding out on the 2 different covers. Pretty amazing considering how long this book has been out. Be strong, be proud, and hold your head high - but jeeze, don't let it get to your head. crazy.gif

It's hard to say what the distribution is but the GREEN version is the correct one and the yellow version is the error. I'd say the print run started off yellow until it was noticed and corrected. My guess is it was corrected earlier in the run rather than later which would make the yellow version scarcer. confused.gif

It's hard to say what the distribution is but the GREEN version is the correct one and the yellow version is the error. I'd say the print run started off yellow until it was noticed and corrected. My guess is it was corrected earlier in the run rather than later which would make the yellow version scarcer. confused.gif

If the error wasn't noticed until late in the run, it may have been corrected then.

It would not be uncommon for the corrected version to be the scarcer one.

I have a CGC 9.4 Iron Man #15, and just opened my closet to check. The top-left of mine is yellow. If there is a rarer of the two, you can be assured I don't have the rarer one - I never have that kind of luck. Hope this helps.

So, you interested in selling your "common" yellow one? grin.gif

Not really, but thanks. I've never sold, only buy. And it would be surprising to me if it is discovered there are substantially more green than yellow. The 50:50 distribution someone suggested may be fairly accurate. Someone else noted we should take a poll. I agree - one yellow for me.

Anybody have date stamps on their copies? Might indicate which were the first runs off the press's.

Most people don't pay much attention to stamps but you can find them up to three weeks apart.Thats one of the reasons I'm interested in pedigrees because you pretty much know they came from same distributor, and you can see how books in that city were distributed as compared to elsewhere.

If the error wasn't noticed until late in the run, it may have been corrected then. It would not be uncommon for the corrected version to be the scarcer one.

I agree it wouldn't be uncommon for the corrected version to be scarcer. To me it just doesn't make a lot of sense to make a correction IF 75% or more of the run has been completed. But, who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am still amazed he is allowed by eBay to put "MINT" in the title of a cgc 6.0 book.....................

Makes me wanna pee in his mouth... 893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Kinky liberals... tongue.gif

Here's what I won so far:

Title ebay Item Winning Bid

SUB-MARINER 3 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE UNRESTORED 2186478672 $0.89

SUB-MARINER 38 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE UNRESTORED 2186483412 $1.00

SUB-MARINER COLLECTION 1~69HIGHGRADE MINT LOT 2186487115 $1.00

SUB-MARINER 2 VF- 7.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186146920 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 4 VF+8.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR! 2186148014 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 8 VF+8.5 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR! 2186148205 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 9 VF/NM9.0 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186148896 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 12 NM 9.4 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186149164 $3.99

SUB-MARINER 13 VFNM9.0 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186149363 $1.49

SUB-MARINER 15 NM-9.2 HOT MINT HIGH GRADE NR 2186150032 $2.99 size>

I'll give you double what you paid for these right now via paypal.

Down grade by 3 full points and that's really what I'm getting - reader copies :9 But at $1 -they are great hole fillers and cheaper than toilet paper wink.gif

I agree it wouldn't be uncommon for the corrected version to be scarcer. To me it just doesn't make a lot of sense to make a correction IF 75% or more of the run has been completed. But, who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

Plates on those old letter presses took in the neighborhood of 2 hours to make.

In my opinion, the press would have continued to run with the error plate until the new one was ready.

Even then, they may not have shut down the press until late in the run to change the plate.

Odds are, unless the press lost the web or another malfunction, they would have continued to run.

The press doesn't make money when it shuts down to change the color of something as insignificant as that.

I'd guess they would have run until they had a mechanical problem that made them shut it down, and change the plate then.

I don't think anyone will ever know which is the rarer version.

I really don't know, but I do know I'll be reporting these 2 auctions to Ebay for keyword spamming, so if you want to bid, better do it quick!
Sigh...you are a troublemaker. Why don't you bid on it and leave feedback right away. Wait...that didn't work the last time! 27_laughing.gif

Sigh...you are a troublemaker. Why don't you bid on it and leave feedback right away. Wait...that didn't work the last time! 27_laughing.gif

What I wouldn't give to be in your room right now, beating the blue hell out of you! mad.gif