• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comicon, WA April 1/07 review, pics

40 posts in this topic

Was that a Clayton Crain Ghost Rider print to cash in on the passed movie hype? He used to draw the comic.

Here are some larger pics of Funny Stuff for detective27kid so he does not need to squint:

funny23.jpg

Was that a Clayton Crain Ghost Rider print to cash in on the passed movie hype? He used to draw the comic.

I've been a fan of his style of art since the "Road to Damnation" 6 ish mini in 2005; the prints are more of the same type of Ghost Rider art with the computer layering which adds a ton of depth.

Cash in on the passed movie hype? Maybe, but he actually had more of his Spidey work on the table, and his sketches were almost all Spideys.

Was Daniel there peddling PGX?

Jim

Yes but unlike CGC, they didn't seem to be accepting any submissions

I only saw PGX Daniel's sidekick at the Seattle comicon. Pretty sure they would accept submissions as they have in the previous 2 yrs. They had 5 staff at their more local Portland comicon booth in Feb/07.

if you're fulfilling scan requests, i would love to see those Doom Patrols. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

i couldn't find any HG copies in Hickory, aside from a nice copy of MGA 80 that i'm not quite prepared to pay 300 bux for

Those Doom Patrols are early SA DC circa 1964 and VERY tough to find in vf. Even the Beast Boy origin issue, a later #, is scarce and a FINALLY got a copy. headbang.gif

tell me something i don't know! frustrated.gif wait until the movie comes out...tonofbricks.gif

scans? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

get to work! poke2.gif

I also met a hardcore underground comix dealer named Bob D. Think he was from Portland, OR. His entire booth was full of UGs. He showed me his secret stash of unread raw nm mag-sized UGs so scarce, I did not even recognize the titles. They were each bagged and mounted on oversized corrugated cardboard as a backing.

I just got this rare Rand Holmes (Vancouver underground artist) canvas giclee. It is a satirical twist of Norman Rockwell's perfect Canadian family sitting around the evening dinner table clipping the demon weed and getting it ready for sale at the next community bingo hall event. Limited edition of 12 in this size:

P4020123.jpg

I just got this rare Rand Holmes (Vancouver underground artist) canvas giclee. It is a satirical twist of Norman Rockwell's perfect Canadian family sitting around the evening dinner table clipping the demon weed and getting it ready for sale at the next community bingo hall event. Limited edition of 12 in this size:

P4020123.jpg

what satire?

you know thats really what Canadians do on a typical evening.

The only fun I had was:

*Telling a first time submitter at the CGC booth to call CGC on Tuesday and get a status, and if it's not call once per day till it's done.

I told Gemma to give him your phone number! yay.gif

The only fun I had was:

*Telling a first time submitter at the CGC booth to call CGC on Tuesday and get a status, and if it's not call once per day till it's done.

I told Gemma to give him your phone number! yay.gif

sign-funnypost.gif HA!

Too bad it was a "her" grin.gif