• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer 4

28 posts in this topic

Are people missing the rather large CBC to the BRC of the FC?

I am! I don't recall seeing one; are you talking about in the orange area by Thor's foot? That might be some scan anomoly. I'll have to look at the book tonight.

I am! I don't recall seeing one; are you talking about in the orange area by Thor's foot? That might be some scan anomoly. I'll have to look at the book tonight.

I see what he's talking about. Can't tell from the scan if it's a crease or not.

thumbsup2.gif

I see what he's talking about. Can't tell from the scan if it's a crease or not.

That would be my point exactly . . . 27_laughing.gif

Looks like a crease to me. I say 8.0

Perhaps, but if I received this book in the mail as an 8.0, I think I'd pee in my pants . . . 27_laughing.gif

Your basing this on an ebay sale perhaps grin.gif

Uh, no . . . poke2.gif

Read my post...looks like a crease. If it's not maybe 9.0 but I just don't see it. Hopefully he will send it in to be graded and prove me wrong but in the meantime it is my opinion based on looking for a VF/NM raw copy of this book for months.

So I pulled it out last night and it does indeed sport a blemish. Its not a dog-ear crease from the corner being pulled back nor does it look exactly like a printers crease, its more of a very slight impact dent. Its next to impossible to see in hand, unless angled just right. I think that the cover has enough gloss that the scanner bulb caught the ridge of the indent and made it look more prominent.

Naw, I won't be getting it graded or selling it, I was just curious about board opinion. I've had it for a l-o-n-g time. It was probably a rock solid 9.2 or even 9.4 before I read it as a lad. And that's what funny books are for!

Thanks to everybody for responding!