• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

showcase-4 Strike

115 posts in this topic

You saw "showcase-4 strike for shilling" by the Mods and took that as the gospel truth for exactly what happened when you had no clue what you were talking about, and ASSumed you did 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

You do realize that EVERY time someone gets a strike or gets banned, someone (just happened to be Jim in this case) posts that info here in general. He wasn't singling you out. It wasn't like this was the first time this has ever happened and he was using you as an example. He was doing what everyone else before him has done.

Yeah, but obviously Jim should have known that it was a wrong call by the mods, because they have access to the ISPs, had traced the shill to showcase-4's PC, so they were wrong, wrong, wrong.

And Jim should have known that. yeahok.gif

Gee, never heard the "my kid created a shill account" excuse before yeahok.gif Your kid, your account - you are responsible.

Might as well blame it on the dog... 27_laughing.gif

Wertham was my dog as well... confused-smiley-013.gif

Damn pets and their bluetooth devices makepoint.gif

Well maybe you should just stay in the Gerneral section where you belong....in the gold section we don't start negative or reputation damaging threads about other Boards members....especially when we don't have all the facts, and have no idea what the background to a situation is 893naughty-thumb.gif

Maybe you need to reread the Bats #1 thread again. I love it when the elitists try portray themselves as "better" than everyone yet can sling mud as well or better than the perceived gutter trash...

.........so when my oldest and bold/mischevious son set up the off white account to chime in on dads thread that was so cool to read---- using my home email address for registration -- the one with my name......... there is your shill..... a 12 year old, very computer literate kid trying to get a taste of Dad's online world, and do something sneaky and exciting. He is kicked off the computer for ....ever.

So none of this is your fault? You take no responsibility for coming out steadly defending that "off-white-pages" wasn't you and how dare anyone make the assertion yet it WAS your computer that the shill came from. Please spare us the "I'm innocent" plea. Even if it was your son, then you bear full responsibility as the father and surrogate here for the shill to happen...

I am here posting as always, and Jim........Jim, Jim, Jim 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

you should be ashamed of yourself and embarrassed for jumping to conclusions, and hurting someone else's reputation who ended up doing nothing that you accused him of 893naughty-thumb.gif. I have 4 kids and 3 computers with interent access at my house....no parent can monitor all that activity every minute of the day.

I really hope you're giving your kids the third degree..."never go on that comic message board again!" 893naughty-thumb.gif

And yes, you can monitor your kids activities. It's called parenting and if you can't do so then it's your bad...

You saw "showcase-4 strike for shilling" by the Mods and took that as the gospel truth for exactly what happened when you had no clue what you were talking about, and ASSumed you did 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I hope you're giving the Mods the same speech. I didn't see Arch's name anyone in this post. The mods were the ones who made the accusation and I tend to listen to them. We were just discussing it on the Forum as we do with most ANYONE who garnered a strike. Stop playing the "victim" card for a minute and you'd realize this...

Now another 1100 views to this thread will be turned around on you.....the guy who has no idea what he's talking about.....the buffoon

Man, you really are a piece of work... yeahok.gif

Jim

My question is I thought shilling was an instant strike/one week suspension. I have heard some excuses in my day, but come on....

My question is I thought shilling was an instant strike/one week suspension. I have heard some excuses in my day, but come on....
gossip.gif I think it matters Who gets caught. Someone who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on comics or hundreds of dollars on comics.

gossip.gif I think it matters Who gets caught. Someone who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on comics or hundreds of dollars on comics.

I really hope you're joking or just mistaken, it would really *spoon* me off if this was anything more than a mod oversight... juggle.gif

I really hope you're joking or just mistaken, it would really *spoon* me off if this was anything more than a mod oversight... juggle.gif

Not an oversight. The Mods are free to use their discretion. Read the 4th post here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...ge=0#Post284192

I do believe, if he was to create another shill, he would get a suspension.

I don't believe his 12 year old son created the shill.

"Off-white-pages"

It seems a little sophisticated for a 12 year old.

However, I bet he was personally warned by the Mod not to do it again or else he would be on suspension.

What I now know, but did not when this thread started, was the 'off white pages' account was set up from my personal home computer/ email address, which includes my name ...stevemeyer@ XYZ service provider.com...that sorta thing.

Unlike Jim, I am fairlly well known in the comic community.......everyone knows showcase-4 is me.

.........so when my oldest and bold/mischevious son set up the off white account to chime in on dads thread that was so cool to read---- using my home email address for registration -- the one with my name......... there is your shill..... a 12 year old, very computer literate kid trying to get a taste of Dad's online world, and do something sneaky and exciting. He is kicked off the computer for ....ever. I am here posting as always, and Jim........Jim, Jim, Jim 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

you should be ashamed of yourself and embarrassed for jumping to conclusions, and hurting someone else's reputation who ended up doing nothing that you accused him of 893naughty-thumb.gif. I have 4 kids and 3 computers with interent access at my house....no parent can monitor all that activity every minute of the day.

Now another 1100 views to this thread will be turned around on you.....the guy who has no idea what he's talking about.....the buffoon

You need some serious help.

You got stone cold busted for shill posting and you throw your son under the bus? You throw your own flesh and blood, someone who wouldn't know this message board from the Blue's Clue's message board into this embarrassing mess?

How do you look yourself in the mirror, man?

We all know that your son didn't register on this site and post this garbage defending you. You're not fooling anyone!

I've seen some stupid things on the board before, but this takes the cake. Instead of taking your medicine like a man and owning up to the fact you were caught, you dragged your own 12-year-old son into this to deflect blame away from you.

You sir, have set a new low on the CGC message boards. Congratulations.

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif krap!

Just in case a shill gets traced back to my computer, I would like to note for the record that my cats have been acting awfully suspicious in my office recently. I already busted them using my credit card for subscriptions to "Catnip Times", "*P u s s y* Galore" & the "Bon Appetire:Mouse Special".

They have been appropriately reprimanded, but cats will be cats.

insane.gif

So Showcase, let's review at minimum what you're claiming:

1. Your 12 year old son has interest in the CGC discussion forum.

2. Your 12 year old son coincidentally navigated to the sub forum, Golden Age comics.

3. Your 12 year old son posted in the exact same thread that you posted in; an obscure one with a debate about whether or not a Batman #1 had restoration. You know, typical stuff a 12 year old would be interested in.

4. Your 12 year old son created an account just to post in a thread where you weren't even under attack.

5. That thread was "just that cool to read".

I gotta call BS on this one.

Just in case a shill gets traced back to my computer, I would like to note for the record that my cats have been acting awfully suspicious in my office recently. I already busted them using my credit card for subscriptions to "Catnip Times", "*P u s s y* Galore" & the "Bon Appetire:Mouse Special".

insane.gif

Andrew-

The cats should immediately be suspended from the office for 1 week.

Mike

So Showcase, let's review at minimum what you're claiming:

1. Your 12 year old son has interest in the CGC discussion forum.

2. Your 12 year old son coincidentally navigated to the sub forum, Golden Age comics.

3. Your 12 year old son posted in the exact same thread that you posted in; an obscure one with a debate about whether or not a Batman #1 had restoration. You know, typical stuff a 12 year old would be interested in.

4. Your 12 year old son created an account just to post in a thread where you weren't even under attack.

5. That thread was "just that cool to read".

I gotta call BS on this one.

Oooo...I wouldn't do that, because...

'Now another 1100 views to this thread will be turned around on you.....the guy who has no idea what he's talking about.....the buffoon.'

screwy.gif

Just using my credit card for subscriptions to "*P u s s y* Galore"

insane.gif

Wasn't that what you said to the wife already???

Damn, busted. sorry.gif

insane.gif

Andrew-

The cats should immediately be suspended from the office for 1 week.

Mike

It's ok Mike, I "fixed" them. Literally.