• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW WHO WANTS A GREAT BIDDER?

35 posts in this topic

I surprised the out of him when I called his . He sent an e-check an hour later after saying, " ummm, umm, umm, he's not home right now. What book is this regarding?" Of course the e-check failed. I'm actually glad it did because I want to keep the book smile.gif

It looks like a guy who got all caught up in the CGC fad, then woke up one morning and checked his credit card statement. I know people like this, and whether it's cards, coins, toys or comics, the day of reckoning is usually right after you open that big CC bill.

Did you guys really think disposable cash was fueling the CGC madness?

This is the best one he has:

amazingmajorscomics(31)

Complaint : wanted to pay in november..responded to very few e-mails watch out....

Response by a_son_of_a_king - No one can get $1900+ in ten days. He wouldn't even take installments.

WELL DON'T BID IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

Did you guys really think disposable cash was fueling the CGC madness?

Yeah, I think that the convience of having a credit card definitly adds to the madness. Why do I agree? Compare the prices of auctions that have credit card options with the ones that only accept money orders. People (myself included) loose sight of how difficult it can be to keep a credit card paid off. I stay out of the CGC madness, I am more into the high grade "raw" book madness. I just don't see the point in paying thousands (or even hundreds) of dollars for a single book, when I can buy thousands of books for the same price because I am a reader first, collector second, and investor third, and I try to keep my priorities straight.

Actually when he bid on my book he had only one negative and 20 something positives. So i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad he didn't pay b/c insufficiently_thoughtful_person me ended the auction on a monday and got next to nothing for my spidey. smile.gif

Thank god I posted it, I may have a buyer soon wink.gif LMK man EHEHE

Yeah, well it goes both ways, I've seen sellers bid on their own items (shill bidding), and if I see a seller doing it, I'll contact Ebay in an instant (I have on 1 occasion). It cheats eBay (listing fees), and it cheats buyers (out of the best price). I absolutely hate to leave negative feedback, but I have left a number of them to people that earned them. Out of 100+ positive feedback, I have only 1 retalitory negative feedback, I have left 7 negative feedback & 1 neutral, out of the 7 negative feedback 3 of them could have left me negative feedback but did not (I wonder why?). I have been doing transactions on eBay for around 2 years, my feedback is 100+, however that is NOT an accurate representation of all my eBay business.

THings that don't go over well with me:

1.) Overgrading - This is the worst, I can overlook paying a couple of dollars more for shipping if the grading is accurate, if I find the grading is obviously (more than a full grade, example: advertised NM book that is acutally a 7.0 F/VF) inaccurate, I get upset, and will usually contact the seller to try and work something out.

2.) Deceitful auction descriptions - I recently purchased a long box of Action comics where the auction description could be considered less than accurate. Why? The seller described them as being between fair and near mint. Ok there is a BIG difference between the two, and I knew that going into it. The seller claimed in the auction description to have not graded them, however the seller at the very least did take a quick glance at them because he DID create a list of all the issues offered. This particular transaction is a case though where I feel partially to blame for NOT thinking/reading carefully. The seller should have described them something like 80% low grade 20% high grade. Then the buyer would have known what to expect. Personally, I belive the seller knew what he was selling, and intentionally left MUCH room for interpretation in the grading, and claimed that he did not have time to grade them to cover his .

3.) Handling Fees/hidden fees - Today I received 2 packages, and between the two, I was overcharged $4+ on the S&H. It's really NOT a big deal, until you start adding up overcharges for 6 months worth of packages. When I first started doing business on eBay this was more of an issue, but anymore, if the item is packaged sufficiantly, and the item is as described, and the overcharge is no more than a couple of dollars, then I'm still happy.

I have to disagree there - overcharging for shipping just torques me off to no end. If I win something for $10, and you charge me $5 for shipping, but ship it media mail in an envelope for $2, you've effectively added $3 to my winning bid. You're right. It adds up. That's why I charge USPS flat rate (don't even get me started on people who won't do that for one book) where everybody is up front and pays me $3.95. Grrrrrrrrrrr. mad.gif

Donut is right there.

MOS, if you ever deal with me and I overcharge, you can email me and ask for the change.

I have overcharged inadvertently when this new system of USPS for Prioirity rate is tough to gauge. I based all calculation on 3 pound packages for single CGC books. Sometimes the are 3 lbs if sent in diamond comics box with enough "stuffing". Other times I packaccurately and securely enough in a USPS priority box and the weight is about 2 lbs 8 oz...so I overcharge a little less than a dollar in those cases. If the buyer brings it up then I'll refund him or work something out. Otherwise sending back 80 cents via paypal when they take 35 cents away , is that really worth it to the buyer?